• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Am I the only one that hates talking on the phone?

Talking on the phone, great or hate?

• Total voters
I hate talking on the phone. Hate it. I love PMs and text messages. It is easier to keep track of everything said, and you can think out your replies to an offer, and counter offer without having to come off of the fly and still sound polite. Am I alone?

You and I are cut from the same cloth. Hate talking on the phone. Text, PM or email are my preference.

I've noticed that the guys my age (43) and less tend to prefer digital communication verses the older guys who prefer to talk on the phone. I think it's a generational thing. It doesn't apply to everyone of course as there are always exceptions but generally that's been my experience.

For ODT deals... PM is a must, a phone call is fine after the PM exchange detailing the agreement. I hate texting, I understand the need for it in certain situations, otherwise pick up the damned phone and call.

I prefer to keep deals here to PM's until all details are worked out, but I don't mind texts or talking on the phone after or in other situations. I hate calling people, but I don't mind talking on the phone. If someone calls me, no problem. If I have to call them, it better be something damn important or something I really, really want or need.

I spend half my life on the phone.

Texts and PMs are great for making offers on the ODT, but I conduct business by phone. Sometimes text comes across dry or even rude because there is no inflection.

Back
Top Bottom