• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

American Heritage Gun Range review

I called and asked for a price on a gun. Their reply "we don't give prices over the phone, you have to come in." I told the guy "I am standing at the counter at Academy holding a TCP priced at $199. If you can match that I'll buy from you so we can keep it local." He said he wouldn't give pricing over the phone but to come in and he'd beat any price. I drove over and they told me tht their TCP with one magazine in a cardboard box was not the same as the "cheaper discontinued version at Academy" then said there's was $50 more.
wow

so they are scum bags and liars

"Alright boys, so today we're gonna take some picture's of y'all for the new web sight thingie and I want to make sure in every single photo everyone is crossing their arms with a stern powerful look like me.

This will show customers we are strong and knowledgeable, we don't take no ****, resistant to feedback, defensive, poor communicators, and have something to hide so they don't mistake us for being a bunch of friendly, approachable, and easy to do business with pansy-asses."

http://ahgr.net/about-us/our-staff/

[Broken External Image]:
ahgr.net_wp_content_uploads_2013_11_George_Mazzant_Jr.jpg

ahgr.net_wp_content_uploads_2013_11_Todd_Hunter.jpg

ahgr.net_wp_content_uploads_2013_11_Bill_Paris.jpg

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ohh wait were they being serious?

I think most of us have forgot more about guns than these guys. I wouldnt trust them with a water pistol. Probably couldnt hit the broad side of a barn at sundown.

Last edited:
None of those pictured is me because I didn't work there at that time. I do work there now and am one of the guys that is trying to turn this place into a gun shop people of Henry County and all of south metro would like to come to. I have lived in Henry county for over 30 years and we have never had a decent gun shop on this side of Atlanta. There are a few now that I would say are good. Some of you know me from the gun show circuit where I worked for over 15 years but my last employer was the same group of people that own one of the most respected gun shops around Cherokee Gun in Canton and 2 others. I worked mainly at the one in Cumming Forsyth County Pawn.
Enough about me , my question to TECH Jacket was just that a question. He seems to be very adamant about the 2nd amendment which I hope all on this site are. That being said the question is still unanswered.
Do you support any organization that puts out radical statements about the 2nd amendment and have you ever written to the President or Chancellor expressing your concerns? Do you support the students for concealed carry on campus sccc.gtorg.gatech.edu/‎ Just a question?
I did not condone or condemn any one's statements on American Heritage. I also believe in the 1st amendment that a person should be allowed to express their opinion. Including myself the fact that I work at American Heritage doesn't limit my right to voice a question to Tech.
Here is what I would propose everyone on this thread that lives in Henry County I would invite you to a sit down face to face so we can discuss this and any other issues. I would buy the first round of cool beverages for the Henry County guys. We all need to work together for all our gun rights I spent 8 1/2 years in the military fighting for everyones rights whether I agree with them or not and would go back again tomorrow. If this doesn't satisfy anyone then I don't know what else to say and anyone that wants to get together send me a PM.
By the way the picture does look dumb glad I wasn't there for that!!!

Last edited:
A buddy of mine went in there the other day looking for a part; apparently 2 of the employees were trying different stocks on a LR308 when one of the employees told the other that AR15 stocks, springs and buffers are the same as the LR308.

My buddy said he told them that this wasn't accurate and the one employee said "Really? Are you sure?" - apparently they didn't believe him until they went and grabbed an AR15 stock/buffer/spring and compared it to the stock LR308 parts.........

Enough about me , my question to TECH Jacket was just that a question. He seems to be very adamant about the 2nd amendment which I hope all on this site are. That being said the question is still unanswered.

Do you support any organization that puts out radical statements about the 2nd amendment
^^^^NO, except their right to be wrong and say it.

and have you ever written to the President or Chancellor expressing your concerns?
^^^^NO

Do you support the students for concealed carry on campus sccc.gtorg.gatech.edu/‎ Just a question?
^^^^YES

I also believe in the 1st amendment that a person should be allowed to express their opinion.

^^^^ DUE to the first amendment, do you not think thats how the president would respond? This is welcome debate AMONG ACTIVE STUDENTS on every campus in the U system of GA. My son catches hell at college for his DAniel Defense gear, etc and loves when a liberal professor brings attention to it. Half the students side with him and half dont. Again, he Loves the debate and it sharpens his sword. This in Not unique to GT, UGA, Or any other public U, or relevant when discussing the position of a gun store manager to the media. Apples and oranges. A guy making a killing off firearms enthusiasts has more to answer for when lending support to the forces against us than a college student with a head full of mush. .

^^^ LOL...glad you weren't too
here ya go

Last edited:
None of those pictured is me because I didn't work there at that time. I do work there now and am one of the guys that is trying to turn this place into a gun shop people of Henry County and all of south metro would like to come to. I have lived in Henry county for over 30 years and we have never had a decent gun shop on this side of Atlanta. There are a few now that I would say are good. Some of you know me from the gun show circuit where I worked for over 15 years but my last employer was the same group of people that own one of the most respected gun shops around Cherokee Gun in Canton and 2 others. I worked mainly at the one in Cumming Forsyth County Pawn.
Do you support any organization that puts out radical statements about the 2nd amendment and have you ever written to the President or Chancellor expressing your concerns? Do you support the students for concealed carry on campus sccc.gtorg.gatech.edu/‎ Just a question?
I did not condone or condemn any one's statements on American Heritage. I also believe in the 1st amendment that a person should be allowed to express their opinion. Including myself the fact that I work at American Heritage doesn't limit my right to voice a question to Tech.
Here is what I would propose everyone on this thread that lives in Henry County I would invite you to a sit down face to face so we can discuss this and any other issues. I would buy the first round of cool beverages for the Henry County guys. We all need to work together for all our gun rights I spent 8 1/2 years in the military fighting for everyones rights whether I agree with them or not and would go back again tomorrow. If this doesn't satisfy anyone then I don't know what else to say and anyone that wants to get together send me a PM.

Thank you for the well written and heartfelt response. Just so you understand the temperament here regarding OTS / American Heritage, there's been a long history of bad dealings with some of those involved with the store. I would also share that your current pricing strategies for the range and inventory are noticeably out of line. A store that routinely overprices their goods will be perceived as attempting to take advantage of the uneducated buyer and will be avoided by those of us who truly enjoy gun ownership and are most likely to be repeat customers. If your sentiment reflects that of the current ownership, I would applaud you and wish you well. However, as long as certain individuals are employed by or involved with American Heritage in any way, there will continue to be a great deal of distrust from the local community. And that's a big mountain to climb on the way to long term success.

Back
Top Bottom