• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

American Heritage Gun Range review

Thank you for the well written and heartfelt response. Just so you understand the temperament here regarding OTS / American Heritage, there's been a long history of bad dealings with some of those involved with the store. I would also share that your current pricing strategies for the range and inventory are noticeably out of line. A store that routinely overprices their goods will be perceived as attempting to take advantage of the uneducated buyer and will be avoided by those of us who truly enjoy gun ownership and are most likely to be repeat customers. If your sentiment reflects that of the current ownership, I would applaud you and wish you well. However, as long as certain individuals are employed by or involved with American Heritage in any way, there will continue to be a great deal of distrust from the local community. And that's a big mountain to climb on the way to long term success.

I do understand the temperment that is what we are are talking about as I said we never had a decent shop in Henry County that included my current employer. When I came to work here I saw an oppurtunity for that to change. We are working hard to overcome the past but it is not coming easily I have never worked in a range before so all that is new to me as far as pricing and such goes but we are changing things as we learn (Ex.$20.00 per day vs $20.00 per hr.) I am a died in the wool gun junkie and love the idea of everyone who loves to shoot having a safe place to come.

As far as Tech Jacket goes look we are on the same side I respect your opinions my point about the question was do any of us do all we can to protect our gun rights? Some of us support organizations that we don't know what they do with our money. And we should be ever diligent to support those that have our same ideas about the 2nd. The comments made by George to the Media are regrettable I can only say I have not seen that attitude since I have been here as else I would have left. I refuse to eat at a certain Fast food Mexican establishment because they don't allow carry in their restaurant. Not knocking GT specifically although I am a Bulldog fan. Love to meet you sometime.

As far as the comment about our store being for "newbies" that is very important my attitude is every "newbie" that comes in should get our utmost attention because if we convert them to our way of thinking about guns that is one less for the other side!!!!!

By the way I have been authorized to offer free gun transfers to all ODT and Range members...

one step at at a time

Don't have much more to say except if you are in the area drop by and my offer still stands on the cold beverage!!

Last edited:
I do understand the temperment that is what we are are talking about as I said we never had a decent shop in Henry County that included my current employer. When I came to work here I saw an oppurtunity for that to change. We are working hard to overcome the past but it is not coming easily I have never worked in a range before so all that is new to me as far as pricing and such goes but we are changing things as we learn (Ex.$20.00 per day vs $20.00 per hr.) I am a died in the wool gun junkie and love the idea of everyone who loves to shoot having a safe place to come.

As far as Tech Jacket goes look we are on the same side I respect your opinions my point about the question was do any of us do all we can to protect our gun rights? Some of us support organizations that we don't know what they do with our money. And we should be ever diligent to support those that have our same ideas about the 2nd. The comments made by George to the Media are regrettable I can only say I have not seen that attitude since I have been here as else I would have left. I refuse to eat at a certain Fast food Mexican establishment because they don't allow carry in their restaurant. Not knocking GT specifically although I am a Bulldog fan. Love to meet you sometime.

As far as the comment about our store being for "newbies" that is very important my attitude is every "newbie" that comes in should get our utmost attention because if we convert them to our way of thinking about guns that is one less for the other side!!!!!

By the way I have been authorized to offer free gun transfers to all ODT and Range members...

one step at at a time

Don't have much more to say except if you are in the area drop by and my offer still stands on the cold beverage!!

Knowing that you are from here, the perceptions associated with some of your fellow "employees" doesn't need anymore explanation. If you can create change from within, please do. However, the business practices of the past appear to be the same practices being employed today. My comments regarding new buyers vs seasoned buyers was intended to illustrate the perception of the company among those in the know and represent the desirable "repeat customer". Those who've been around the block more than once know to avoid shopping with your employer for a variety of reasons, pricing, integrity and honesty being primary concerns. If American Heritage truly wants to succeed, they will have to go to extreme lengths to change their well deserved reputation.

one step at at a time

im glad they have some folks working for them with your attitude. its a good thing

but ya gotta understand that once a company says or does something harmful it takes a hell of alot more to get back on their side

i sincerely hope the store has made a 180 and i applaud you for taking the high route.

as for other stores in the south metro area, i find the guys at range guns and safes to be some of the best around (their pricing is ok and some of their clients/customers suck (its forest park, what are ya gonna do) but the employees there are some friendly and knowledgeable guys)

ill never spend my money there. im not getting a membership to shoot at an indoor range and then pay 20 bucks for a an hour after that! f that! ill go join griffin gun club and get much more for my money. plus their guns and ammo are both way high to the point of it being a joke. also their staff seemed to be pretty lost when I was in there last too. I much prefer shots fired even if its a longer drive for me. I went in American heritage really wanting to like it. but they rubbed me the wrong way the last 3 times I went in there. its a nice store and has great potential with the right people in charge.

one step at at a time

I cant comment on the place that is being discussed because I have never been there but I can say Nitrexman is a great guy and I would deal with him with 100%confidence at anytime

Back
Top Bottom