• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

An AR15 is an AR15 is an AR15 .................................

Because you're not cool... :hat:

Some dude on M4C used to put out this chart of about 10 or so AR manufacturers with categories like staked castle nuts, shot peened bolt, etc. And some people would refer to 'the chart" as the gospel of the AR tiers which would result in some entertaining knock down drag out AR debate threads. And thus tier queers was born...

The same forum that piles on DD but thinks it's perfectly cool Colt can't even engrave their own name completely.

If you cannot even stake a castle nut properly, what the **** else are you doing wrong? I mean, there is nothing to it, just stake in 2 places and move on....takes under 30 seconds.

I don't get why some people just accept premium prices, but sub par output.

I was mostly messing with you as it's the cool thing to jump on DD these days it seems. I'd rather the nut not be staked to be honest. And I've handled plenty of DDs with no noticeable difference in quality. Ymmv

The same forum that piles on DD but thinks it's perfectly cool Colt can't even engrave their own name completely.

Something like that, but the point being that for guns that for the most part get shot a handful of times a year, this discussion is much ado about nothing.

IMG_2092.JPG

Back
Top Bottom