• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

An experiment in physical fitness...

VanillaGuerrilla

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
119   0
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity and in an effort to tone up a little I've decide to try a simple workout routine. For the month of may I'm going to do push ups every day. And each day I'm going to do more than I did the day before. That's it. No sets, no reps, just however many I can do all day. Then try to top that the next day. No I'm not going to do 1 the first day. I normally wouldn't put stuff like this on the site but my thought process is that if post about it on here I won't puss out 2 weeks from now and quit because I'm sick of push ups or just tired of doing it. Odds are I'll damage a rotator cuff or pop a peck. As long as I don't though I'll stick with it. I'll take a before pic just incase it works well. I'm going to post how many I do in this post every day this month. If I fail to do so someone please call me out for being a vagina.

Day 1: 30 -- Lots of popping and creeking noises.
Day 2: 35 -- lats are sore. Gonna have to make sure I'm loose to keep my shoulder in check. I did them earlier in the day and felt way better. Could have done more easy but am pacing myself.
Day 3: 50 -- got bored at work. Still sore. Shoulder still pops every rep.
Day 4: 51
Day 5: 65 -- soreness is almost gone realized it wasn't my shoulder popping, it was the elbow. Not as concerned now...
Day 6: 70
Day 7: 76 -- thought I needed to beat 75. Dang.
Day 8: 80
Day 9: 81
Day 10: 83
Day 11: 90
Day 12: 95
Day 13: 100
Day 14: 110
Day 15: 120
Half way done: done a little over 1100 so far. I should have started with wayyyyy less.
Day 16: 125
Day 17: 135
Day 18: 150
Day 19: 151
Day 20: 155
Day 21: 160
Only 10 more days to go. Today I started throwing in some decline sets (feet in a chair) to work on the lower pecs. I can tell the upper and mid part is getting bigger. A general soreness has moved into my lats and upper pecs. Probably the effects of never having time to fully recover. I may have to throw in some incline sets as a partial rest exercise. Today I did them all in a half hour and when I finished I could feel my arms resting on my lats. They use to just hang straight down. Hopefully nothing breaks down to far that a some time off and cold beer can't fix.
Day 22: 161
Day 23: 175
Day 24: 200
Day 25: 205
Day 26: 225
Day 27: 226
Day 28: 227
Just doing all sets of 25 now. My left shoulder started bugging me pretty good the last 75 or so I did today. Gonna do all inclines tomorrow at a pretty forgiving angle. Going to play golf tomorrow with some old army buddies. Ready to wrap this little experiment up.
Day 29: 230
Day 30: 231
Day 31: 300
Done deal. Glad it's over. Ready to not be sore for a while. I took an after pic and there was a noticeable difference. I'll get it posted up tomorrow. Wanted to do more than 300 today but work got in the way. I lost 5 pounds over the course of the month. No major injuries.

Final update in post 49. May be a little NSFL.

stream1.gifsoup.com_view5_4369600_you_can_do_it_o.gif

I used to walk the parking deck at work during lunch, it's six stories, and I'd do 20 push ups on every level, 2 through 6. Every week, I'd add another push up each level to the mix. I was up to 33 push ups per level, 4 times a week. Then I hurt my shoulder, probably rotator cuff. I just started back doing the same thing. Hope it goes better this time. I believe I am numb to the pain now.

Body weight exercises are GREAT! For quicker muscle build and increase in stamina use weighted vests. I do all my workouts which include pull ups and push ups in addition to mma inspired drills with weighted vests. When you cant do anymore with vests...start shedding weight vests and once you are only lifting your body, its a breeze

Back
Top Bottom