• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

An experiment in physical fitness...

Not a bad idea but it seems your plan should be more strategic to prevent injury. How about a burpee challenge instead?

Probably would be safer but burpees bring back to many horrible memories.

Or do the push up challenge every other day to allow recovery and probably better results

It's more of a quest to succeed in a personal challenge than a desire to achieve results. If I get hurt I'll just stop and start another project when I'm well.

I can do about 40 in one set...that's straight pushups non stop....can't do as those guys in that Sally up video....hurt both my shoulders doing bench press...actually doing pushups has helped my shoulders greatly....I stay away from the bench press now....

I have been a gym rat for 34 years , granted I don't get there as often as I should now for various reasons but I still go regularly.
I embrace the idea of trying to up the # of reps as often as you can. When doing weight training one can pick a weight that they can do for say 8-10 reps (imminent failure at the point you stop) use that weight until you can do 1-2 reps more to failure and up the weight and so forth and so on.
Same principle your suggesting but instead of increasing weight you increase reps as body weight is relatively static.
In for results.

i just tried to do push-ups and i got about 15 push-ups in before the popping, crackling, and grinding in my shoulders said that's enough!

i just tried to do push-ups and i got about 15 push-ups in before the popping, crackling, and grinding in my shoulders said that's enough!

Lol I hear that. I've done 30 so far today. Every rep my shoulder makes a "rippin and tearin" kind of noise. Gonna be a long month.

I am on day 20 of a thirty day plank challenge. I added in 30 day push-up challenge last week. There are some good apps that help track your progress and help you see towards your goal. Squats and cardio are next. I can tell a difference already.

Lol I hear that. I've done 30 so far today. Every rep my shoulder makes a "rippin and tearin" kind of noise. Gonna be a long month.

When I started working out again a few months ago my left shoulder was giving me fits. Decreasing my range of motion on the first few reps and then gradually increasing it, helped tremendously. It would sometimes take ten reps to get full range of motion, or sometimes I couldn't get full range the whole set. However, overall I was able to do more and not have to take a day off because of pain.

Holy crap, I just tried that bring Sally up, push up chela he posted earlier. That thing is no joke. My son and I tried it with push-ups, squats, planks and leg lifts. He beat me on all three of course lol. He made it all the way through the leg lifts. He said he could have made it through them all, but he only needed to last long enough to beat me.

Just out of curiosity and in an effort to tone up a little I've decide to try a simple workout routine. For the month of may I'm going to do push ups every day. And each day I'm going to do more than I did the day before. That's it. No sets, no reps, just however many I can do all day. Then try to top that the next day. No I'm not going to do 1 the first day. I normally wouldn't put stuff like this on the site but my thought process is that if post about it on here I won't puss out 2 weeks from now and quit because I'm sick of push ups or just tired of doing it. Odds are I'll damage a rotator cuff or pop a peck. As long as I don't though I'll stick with it. I'll take a before pic just incase it works well. I'm going to post how many I do in this post every day this month. If I fail to do so someone please call me out for being a vagina.

Day 1: 30. Lots of popping and creeking noises.
popping and creeking - lol

Back
Top Bottom