• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

An ODD 22/45...

geezer

Marines Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
781   0
Reaction score
I bought this today...
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/270142-Item-Gone!-FS-New-Ruger-Mark-III-SS-Barrel

And just couldn't resist doing this...
22 45.JPG
22 45 1.JPG

Kinda cool, I found one picture on google of a stailess tapered 22/45...

Yeah, I know. I guess my point was that I had never seen a stainless 22/45 with a tapered barrel. So when I got the Mark III upper today, I felt compelled to find out the interchangeability of the two. As it turns out, they are VERY compatible. So then, I do a google search, and out of 1000s of pics, I only found one tapered stainless, and that's ODD. HeHe...

I've got one too... MK II version though. This one's about to go on the chopping block- I'm a 5.5" bull barrel fan.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

This thing has hardly been shot at all... I can't remember if I actually took it to the range after buying it. The funny part of the story is that I took it out of the safe completely thinking it was a SS bull barrel... then opened the case and said WTF?!!

Then I decided that I can sell it since I had no idea what it actually was.

I like the Luger style grips on which ever model has that. NWSharpshooter brought one buy with the luger grip and luger taper barrel and it was nice.

Any of you Mk3 guys know whether a Mk2 barrel will install onto a 22/45 grip-frame? I'd like my Mk2 integrally suppressed barrel to have the 1911 grip-angle and a push-button mag release. My suppressor paperwork includes the serial number of the gun, which is the barrel, so I just can't thread a 22/45 and swap the suppressor.
Yeah, it'll fit.

Back
Top Bottom