• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

An ODD 22/45...

Any of you Mk3 guys know whether a Mk2 barrel will install onto a 22/45 grip-frame? I'd like my Mk2 integrally suppressed barrel to have the 1911 grip-angle and a push-button mag release. My suppressor paperwork includes the serial number of the gun, which is the barrel, so I just can't thread a 22/45 and swap the suppressor.
Sure you can. You can use that can on any gun you want. You can have multiple hosts for one can. Heck, you can shoot that can on other peoples guns.

..or they call it a "Mk1 Standard", LOL !!

Can I send you the bill (for the 22/45) if it doesn't.. LOL !! will give it a go now. Thanks !
Sure, send all the bills you like! I will promptly deposit them in the circular file. :lol:

Last edited:
Sure you can. You can use that can on any gun you want. You can have multiple hosts for one can. Heck, you can shoot that can on other peoples guns.

GoNoGo said:
Any of you Mk3 guys know whether a Mk2 barrel will install onto a 22/45 grip-frame? I'd like my Mk2 integrally suppressed barrel to have the 1911 grip-angle and a push-button mag release. My suppressor paperwork includes the serial number of the gun, which is the barrel, so I just can't thread a 22/45 and swap the suppressor.

I think he said he has an integrally suppressed barrel, which mean he can't remove it and put it on another gun, unless the whole upper fit onto that other said gun. So basically, he would only be able to swap the lower receiver.

I think...

I think he said he has an integrally suppressed barrel, which mean he can't remove it and put it on another gun, unless the whole upper fit onto that other said gun. So basically, he would only be able to swap the lower receiver.I think...
You sir are correct. My reading comprehension is poor tonight.

20 years ago, GemTech shipped my Mk2 with suppressor attached.. back to my dealer with the ATF tax-stamped paperwork containing both serial numbers (the suppressor AND firearm) so therefore I was assuming the suppressor is married to my Mk2 handgun?
Can you remove it? If so, you can put it on any gun you want.

Last edited:
No.. ..I can detach the suppressor from the Mk2, I mean the seam/joint is hard to see and there;s a locking screw hidden on the bottom, and it then unscrews (probably 1/2 x 28). The suppressor has the Mk2 front sight and it's the exact diameter of the Mk2 bull barrel. .. but I digress, I wasn't concerned about "marriage" from the physical aspect but rather from both serial numbers being on the paperwork.
Legally you can put it on anything you want.

I like the Luger style grips on which ever model has that. NWSharpshooter brought one buy with the luger grip and luger taper barrel and it was nice.

iirc ruger 22's are designed after the nambu pistol..
www.a_human_right.com_nambu_top.jpg

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_MK_II#section_2
Sorry I figured I'd throw in useless info too LOL.

Wth are you talking about? You don't designate hosts on a form 4. The silencer can go on any gun. On the Ruger the upper is the receiver, so your not really swapping guns when you put a new lower on it.

Wth are you talking about? You don't designate hosts on a form 4. The silencer can go on any gun. On the Ruger the upper is the receiver, so your not really swapping guns when you put a new lower on it.
well that's stupid!!! you mean a tacsol upper has to go through a ffl??only thing dumber than that is the p250 trigger group being serial numbered...

Back
Top Bottom