• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

And here we go again (School shooting)

I feel like I just went to take a dump and all I had to do was fart.
I don't know if you guys were expecting me to argue or what...but dude is right. Our country was not founded by "Christians" in anything resembling exclusivity. Certainly there would have been some...but to naively and loudly shout about our "Christian fore-fathers," just further proclaims one's own ignorance.

But enough about that...on with the discussion at hand about how the media is unhappy that this monster blasted them all with an Ole Fudd's gun instead of an AR clipazine with the semi-auto-automathic thing that goes up.

You'll get no argument from me on any of the above. Benjamin Franklin himself was, at best, an agnostic - if maybe even a deist. None of that, however, goes an inch to disprove that the country was built on Judeo-Christian hierachy and law. The founding fathers had just left a theocracy that was unbelievably oppresive. To think that they came here to create something similar is ludicrous.

If I have one outstanding issue with my brothers and sisters in Christ, it is that they so often call our country a "Christian nation." It is not. It may well be a nation full of Christians, but the "freedom of religion" guarantees that it is not a "Christian nation." Once your mind is around that, things seem to have a keener perspective.

But anyhow, this is off topic....sorry, hikingthehills hikingthehills

Nailed the exact reason I posted what I did. Bravo.

I don't know if you guys were expecting me to argue or what...but dude is right. Our country was not founded by "Christians" in anything resembling exclusivity. Certainly there would have been some...but to naively and loudly shout about our "Christian fore-fathers," just further proclaims one's own ignorance.

But enough about that...on with the discussion at hand about how the media is unhappy that this monster blasted them all with an Ole Fudd's gun instead of an AR clipazine with the semi-auto-automathic thing that goes up.

They will just have to come clean and admit ALL guns must go for the children. smh. It is time we got some actual data and science on the effects of the video games of today, the meds these kids are on, and of course a real discussion on mental health.

They will just have to come clean and admit ALL guns must go for the children. smh. It is time we got some actual data and science on the effects of the video games of today, the meds these kids are on, and of course a real discussion on mental health.

But overall violence and crime has been going down the past quarter century. Statistically we are safer now than we have ever been. If gun violence in games and over medication would help explain mass shootings, wouldn't they also have an impact in violent crime?

Reactions: MRH
But overall violence and crime has been going down the past quarter century. Statistically we are safer now than we have ever been. If gun violence in games and over medication would help explain mass shootings, wouldn't they also have an impact in violent crime?

That is a good point and question. But I still think examining data and looking at similarities is a very good start and actually could bring something out that can be addressed. But that is my opinion and others will have their own

Not necessarily. Violent crime has gone down while mass shootings have increased. There is no correlation between the 2.

The numbers do not lie, and it is a fact that gun crime, not just violent crime, has decreased by approximately 50% over the past 25 years.

This is a stubborn fact that antis love to ignore.

The mass shootings, and particularly school shootings, are a more complex issue. High school age kids are subject to more reclusiveness, more so now than ever, IMO. There have always been oddball kids, though, and reclusiveness is certainly not exclusive to this generation, but something deep is missing when these kids feel that mass murder is the only way to express their frustrations.

These kids need God, IMO. And we all do, for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom