• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

And so it begins

Old news,but don`t rule out the efforts and successes of gun-banners.I never thought I`d see a president with a shady,shadowy background.Or the incessant executive orders circumventing the lawmaking process.On the other hand,there are Dems that vote pro-gun.There are Dems that own guns,that hunt,and also want to stay in office.We all know what the antis WANT.Myself,I will continue to support the NRA,put my money where my mouth is.And VOTE.

The "subjects" of Great Britain once thought the same thing "that can't happen here" echoed throughout the land.

Look at them now--they have to get government permits to own a pellet gun. Firearms are outlawed there.

Watch what kind of tripe gets passed through congress. Better yet what kind of tripe gets put in place by executive order around congress.

But that can't happen here.
The government can't force us to purchase a product or service and then fine us if we don't. That will never happen here.
Look at Obamacare.

It can never happen here....it is happening here piece by piece...

Baaaaaaa! Baaaaaaaaaa!! Anyone else amazed at the number of sheep here lately?

I don't consider most of the guys here sheeple but I think after repeatedly hearing "Wolf" the community gets numb to a degree. It's impossible to maintain a high level of alertness 24/7 but we as a group should never become complacent, that is the real enemy and the one I fight the most.

Awareness is required and yes this information was put out before and when we saw potential threats to our rights however small many proactively called, e-mailed and posted on this forum to promote public awareness and contacted their political representatives. Our rights will not typically fall in one fatal swoop of the pen but rather small incremental restrictions that devalue the intent of having the right.

There is a strong push for yet even more laws/restrictions/bans and much of the media is feeding into this propaganda machine. They will bide their time awaiting the "right" moment to shove their agenda down the willing throats of the real sheeple and make it appear as necessary in order to promote "public safety".

Watch for the buzz words, like the legal "gun show loop hole"-Really a push to restrict the private sale of firearms between honest citizens. Also watch for "High capacity magazine" restrictions-An outright ban of "normal capacity" magazines (a capacity that was part of the original weapon’s design) if they have an arbitrary capacity of more than of whatever amount the bureaucrats decide and pass. The public's safety is the call to arms for the ban crowd and continues an attempt to marginalize gun ownership then treat it like a disease that requires a cure, all the while ignoring all the good that guns have done and continue to do to prevent crime and deadly assaults or keep secure our nation. Millions perhaps billions of dollars are being filtered into anti-gun groups and pushed into prominent teaching institutions and higher level learning faculty in order to promote their agenda.

The supreme court’s deck is being stacked and I fear that if a critical decision is forced upon the courts a change in opinion, one held for a couple of hundred years will crumble and we will have a nullified right to gun ownership that no longer reflects the founding intent. This court will remain in power until they decide to step down. That is one of our greatest risks.

I try to stay on point but danged if I can be there all the time. I look to sites like this in attempt to keep a pulse on the common foe. Anyone who thinks it can't happen is seriously naive and deluding themselves. It won't if we stick together and remain vigilant, divide then we will lose this continued battle to retain our rights. The precedence has been set and now the limits are the only thing being debated as it applies to the right to "keep and bear arms", remain alert gentlemen.

Last edited:
"Firearms. We recognize that the individual right to bear arms is an important part of the American tradition, and we will preserve Americans' Second Amendment right to own and use firearms. We believe that the right to own firearms is subject to reasonable regulation. We understand the terrible consequences of gun violence; it serves as a reminder that life is fragile, and our time here is limited and precious. We believe in an honest, open national conversation about firearms. We can focus on effective enforcement of existing laws, especially strengthening our background check system, and we can work together to enact commonsense improvements-like reinstating the assault weapons ban and closing the gun show loophole-so that guns do not fall into the hands of those irresponsible, law-breaking few".

Source (2012): http://www.democrats.org/democratic-national-platform

Who would argue? We just need to reinstate the ban so that guns don't fall into hands of the law breaking few. Yep, that's all we need to do.

Last edited:
Another point of view:

"We uphold the right of individuals to keep and bear arms, a right which antedated the Constitution and was solemnly confirmed by the Second Amendment. We acknowledge, support, and defend the law-abiding citizen’s God-given right of self-defense. We call for the protection of such fundamental individual rights recognized in the Supreme Court’s decisions in District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. Chicago affirming that right, and we recognize the individual responsibility to safely use and store firearms. This also includes the right to obtain and store ammunition without registration. We support the fundamental right to self-defense wherever a law-abiding citizen has a legal right to be, and we support federal legislation that would expand the exercise of that right by allowing those with state-issued carry permits to carry firearms in any state that issues such permits to its own residents. Gun ownership is responsible citizenship, enabling Americans to defend their homes and communities. We condemn frivolous lawsuits against gun manufacturers and oppose federal licensing or registration of law-abiding gun owners. We oppose legislation that is intended to restrict our Second Amendment rights by limiting the capacity of clips or magazines or otherwise restoring the ill-considered Clinton gun ban. We condemn the reckless actions associated with the operation known as “Fast and Furious,” conducted by the Department of Justice, which resulted in the murder of a U.S. Border Patrol Agent and others on both sides of the border. We applaud the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives in holding the current Administration’s Attorney General in contempt of Congress for his refusal to cooperate with their investigation into that debacle. We oppose the improper collection of firearms sales information in the four southern border states, which was imposed without congressional authority."

Source (2012): http://www.gop.com/2012-republican-platform_We/#Item10

They lost.

The character of an elected official is brought forth into light when it is determined how he perceives a citizen's right to keep and bear firearms. Is it as a liability that requires regulation and restriction or is it as a force multiplier and asset to the nation?

Some will always need some willing subjects to lord over and continue to strive for even more power.

Last edited:
Author Korwin disavows e-mail scare under his byline

http://www.examiner.com/article/author-korwin-disavows-e-mail-scare-under-his-byline

Veteran Arizona gun rights advocate Alan Korwin, author of several gun law books and a prolific writer, is scrambling to distance himself from what appears to be a rather cleverly concocted fraud that takes something he wrote almost four years ago and makes it look like some brand new sinister scheme he has uncovered.

In an unusual step, he has issued an alert that appears on the Ammo Land website, denouncing the first paragraphs of this new missive that has spread across the Internet like a bad case of the flu, under his byline. It purports to identify a new list of guns that the Obama administration has its heart set on banning.

And this is how Korwin reacted: “I did not write that inflammatory paragraph and its next sentence, even though someone has attributed that to me.”

Is there anything about that statement that is not understood?

Korwin adds, “It is horrifying from a gun-rights perspective. Whoever used my name without my permission or knowledge was at least clever.”

Korwin can be flamboyant, self-promoting and hilarious all at the same time, but he’s not crazy nor does he appear in public with a tinfoil hat. The list of proposed banned guns, he says today, was accurate four years ago when he found it in the language of HR 1022, a Democrat bill introduced in the 110th Congress in January 2009.

Well thankfully that was 4 years ago and the list was thrown out so no worries anymore. Right?

Apparently you missed the part where the house still is controlled by republicans. The only reason the first gun ban happened is because the democrats controlled everything.

Back
Top Bottom