• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anderson lowers in gun buyer

Cracks me up that the ad says “mil spec”. Anderson lowers are NOT mil spec, I can point out more than one area where they deviate detrimentally from the mil spec TDP.

I hate to bother you with this, but you knew SOMEONE was going to ask it, so I'll be "that guy". Can you list a few of the areas that deviate detrimentally? Just the top "worst offenders" would be enough.

Not trying to be a you-know-what, but you've more experience with these than many of us, and I would really like to know, especially if there's something I should check.

Thank you!

Magazine relief for the mag release is the only problem I have seen with them.

Just required some fitting, not a biggie. It means that the mag release is now married to that lower, though.

not that anyone asked, but when I look at a listing and I see Anderson listed in the parts list, I back out of the ad without reading any further.

I'm not saying they are junk, but I have no interested in owning one and have even less interest in owning a build put together by someone sourcing the cheapest parts they can find.

I do own one stripped Anderson lower. It's part of my collection of stripped lowers, outside of that I have zero interest in them.

not that anyone asked, but when I look at a listing and I see Anderson listed in the parts list, I back out of the ad without reading any further.

I'm not saying they are junk, but I have no interested in owning one and have even less interest in owning a build put together by someone sourcing the cheapest parts they can find.

I do own one stripped Anderson lower. It's part of my collection of stripped lowers, outside of that I have zero interest in them.
Anderson, bear creek, psa and hardened arms all get a quick pass. All for the same reasons you mention.

I have about 4 Anderson lowers sitting in my safe and have built several in the past. Never had an issue with any of them. However, now that I know its possible to get blemished Aero M4E1 lowers for just a little more, that's what I buy nowadays. Reason being, they're a little easier to build on and it'll give the rifle a better resale value. Most of the time you can't even find the blemishes.

I hate to bother you with this, but you knew SOMEONE was going to ask it, so I'll be "that guy". Can you list a few of the areas that deviate detrimentally? Just the top "worst offenders" would be enough.

Not trying to be a you-know-what, but you've more experience with these than many of us, and I would really like to know, especially if there's something I should check.

Thank you!

The anodizing isn’t mil spec, unless it’s been changed recently.

The buffer retainer pocket isn’t bored at a 6 degree angle.

Such bull . I have 3 Anderson lowers all run great have 2 bushmaster 1 cmmg and have had doms, lmt,and smith and weapons m&p. That's in the last few years. I have had issues with expensive companies and lower cost alternatives. Here is the last 3 builds I've personaly done (last 3 months thanks trump) and have shot them . one psa one dpms one anderson

Ps if you want to pay the stack of Bill's on the third picture PM me hahahaha

Attachments

• 20200929_132450.jpg
    20200929_132450.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200916_195717.jpg
    20200916_195717.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20200916_195640.jpg
    20200916_195640.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 15
Back