• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another Big Cat in Gilmer Co

I think the correct description of the "official" stance of DNR would probably be that there is not enough evidence to say that there is a viable breeding population in the northern part of the state. I am pretty sure that some cats have gotten out form a refuge in Ellijay.

Dude..... I would hate for a very hungry one to come up my tree in the woods.

I think this is one of the very good reasons why Ga deems it allowable to carry a sidearm while hunting.

We have a possible breeding pair here in White County. I didn't get close enough to count balls, but I know for a fact that there are no cat refuges here. We have been hearing about different sightings for years. These two were tan and full grown. Awesome to see!

3 years ago, my 75# boxer was attacked by one early one morning when I let him out to do his business. After I got him taken care of, I called the DNR asking for them to come set out a trap and they got very disgruntle with me. Informing me that there was no such thing as a mountain lion in the state of Georgia, in which I proceeded to tel them that they were crazy and hung up the phone. Not to mention my neighbor seen it and lost 75+ chickens in 3 weeks while it was around.

3 years ago, my 75# boxer was attacked by one early one morning when I let him out to do his business. After I got him taken care of, I called the DNR asking for them to come set out a trap and they got very disgruntle with me. Informing me that there was no such thing as a mountain lion in the state of Georgia, in which I proceeded to tel them that they were crazy and hung up the phone. Not to mention my neighbor seen it and lost 75+ chickens in 3 weeks while it was around.

That's the misguided opinion of one DNR agent, not the entire DNR stance. They have them listed as a Ga native species on their website.

That's the misguided opinion of one DNR agent, not the entire DNR stance. They have them listed as a Ga native species on their website.
True, but it's like being told your a liar to you face when you know the truth. I also know that one bad apple doesn't make the whole tree bad.

Back
Top Bottom