• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another Million Mile Tundra, a 5.7L this time

Love love Toyotas , I have a 2006 4Runner with the 4.7 V8 and have nearly 300k miles on it, just recently the check engine light has come on since new for a bad coil, other than that never had a problem with , runs just like it did new .
My 2007 5.7L Tundra was ridden hard and put away wet by the three previous owners, it has accumulated a little over 315,000 miles and it looks like new ignition coils are in it's future. I replaced the fuel pump @ 270,000 because the previous owners ran the tank extremely low a lot, and evidence indicates the transmission is not original. It's my experience that Toyota's live up to their reputation for reliability even if they have seen some abuse.

Just on the 02 be sure you do the timing belt and LBJ's on time!! I see almost an LBJ failure weekly on the FB tundra groups.

First gens and 2nd gens are great trucks.

The wife and I got in our first used Toyota’s this year, 2014 Camry(80k miles) for her and 2020 RAV4(19k miles) for me. I’ve put over 30k on mine this year and I am amazed that I get 32.4 mpg average no matter how or where I drive. It will be paid off by the end of next year and I plan to drive it the following year before I give it to the wife with probably around 150k miles. Hopefully I will be able to find a preowned certified low mileage 2wd 4dr Tacoma in 2026.

The Toyotas are great, but for me service is everything and that is where they have separated from their competitor. As long as Cobb Co Toyota keeps doing what they are doing, they will always have my business.

Back
Top Bottom