• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Another reason why you should know the laws before you use your gun....

Home owner kills a dirtbag. Even though he might be guilty of technical "manslaughter", the DA should decline to press charges. Getting a grand jury to indict and a jury to convict would be more work than its worth and not very good odds.

This would likely be true if the perpetrator was white, but since he is a member of a special "victim" group...........Special considerations apply

He should have learned the laws on the Justified use of Deadly Force beforehand.
I would say he will learn them now... only the cost will be more expensive even if he doesn't go to jail.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/2...t-may-face-charges-after-killing-suspect.html
Why do you assume he didn't know the law? :confused:

I'm trying to imagine walking into my home and finding a family member tied up at gun point. The suspect then flees. I guess at that point I have two options.
1) "It's OK honey/son, let me untie you. The bad man is gone. I'll get on the phone now to call the real estate agent and a therapist.
or
2) Sling every grain of lead at him/them I can get my hands on as long as I can see them.

I get your point but there is no way I'm letting an armed felon who broke into my home leave unscathed if I can help it.

Back
Top Bottom