• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Another scope recommendation

WallsGa

Wolf Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
342   0
Reaction score
I’m hunting with a Howa .30-06. It came with a Nikko Stirling scope. I’d like to replace and upgrade it if possible for $300 or less. My stands have shooting lanes of 50 - 200 yards.

This is the only scope I’ve ever used so I have no real frame of reference. Is it possible to upgrade for that price? Suggestions?
thanks,

I don't know which scope you have specifically, but I have been enjoying these scopes on my hunting rifles. $200.

Here is the ODT thread discussing them:

Screenshot_20221022-161149_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I don't know which scope you have specifically, but I have been enjoying these scopes on my hunting rifles. $200.

Here is the ODT thread discussing them:

Thanks. Currently, a 3.5-10x44 Gameking

First thing I’d upgrade (if you haven’t) is the mount. I’d rather have a decent scope in a good mount than a good scope in a cheap mount. I recommend the DNZ Game Reaper on a hunting rifle.

As for scopes, Sig Sauer purchased Nikon and their Buckmaster line has always been solid for the money. I’d look there. Should be able to get the scope and mount for well under $300.

I've got Vortex, Burris, Nikon, Leupold, and a Zeiss. For that price point I'd either get a Burris or Nikon. You might catch a Leupold on sale in that range. I've moved away from Vortex as the last couple I bought had "mushy" adjustments and I actually had to trade out a diamondback for not holding zero. It was a real PNA.

Vortex or Leupold.
I have 4 of the Vortex Crossfire scopes, mounted on rifles ranging from a 30/30 up to a 7mm Rem Mag. They do great and are worth every penny. Never had one lose its zero.

I’ve also been looking into the Leupolds that offer the CDS system. Haven’t bought one yet.

Back
Top Bottom