• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Another story of "respect my authority over you"

wozbean

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
131   0
Reaction score
With no other evidence or witnesses in a court of law the judge or the jury will ALWAYS side with the LEO if it comes down to a he said / she said between the "criminal" and the officer. This is why I carry a digital voice recorder. If you don't watch out for yourself, who will ?

Voice recorder seems a bit overboard to me, but yes, it is sad how so many LEO's (and people in general) take themselves too seriously. Many of them fall into the 'it's us versus them' trap, which is silly. Just because I chose not to work as a police officer doesn't make me somehow inferior or flawed.

its all a game of cat and mouse, half the time its an LEO trying to conduct himself professionally while the camera man continually makes snide remarks and generally makes an ass out of him/herself in an effort to get some youtube justice on camera, and then on the other hand you have the LEOs who really are pricks who deserve to be caught on camera. double edged sword imo. like wozbean said, if you aren't watching your own back who will. I agree that for the most part with no video/audio evidence, most courts will side with LEO regardless of who was actually in the wrong.

Back
Top Bottom