• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Antique Coke Machine question

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
Anybody here know about or collect antique Coke machines? We recently acquired one and wanted to know anything you might could tell me about it.

Dates to 1955 and it's a Vendo. All parts seem to be present.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_05_14_nuba3e6y.jpg

The cord was cut so I haven't replaced it yet. Everything's there and the coin mech works. We unloaded it last night and I'm letting it sit before I plug it up.

The cord was cut so I haven't replaced it yet. Everything's there and the coin mech works. We unloaded it last night and I'm letting it sit before I plug it up.

There's a good chance the interior wire is paper insulation with asbestos.

I know a couple of brothers that had one in the family biz from the same era, had it restored to orig condition, worth $25k-40k now.. But the refurbish must be done correctly, with period correct parts, by someone that knows! They had a guy that originally worked for Coke as a refurbisher of antiques do theirs...cost them $1800(?) some 10 yrs ago.... Maybe this helps...?? I don't know if this would be the case with that one or not, but they can bring big bucks in the right shape.

Sweet. My son saw this in a barn, pulled over and asked if he could have it. They said sure and loaded it on his truck.

Back
Top Bottom