Any 6.5 Jap reloaders out there?

Korndog

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
93   0
Reaction score
Hi all,

Any 6.5 Jap experts here?

I don’t reload, but I am very eager to shoot my Arisaka Type 38.

Anyone here have the tooling & expertise, and would load maybe 100 rounds for me if I supply the brass & projectiles?

I’m willing to pay any combo of cash, beer, and/or lunch for your services. And I’d REALLY appreciate the opportunity to participate in the reloading process, for the learning experience!

Alternatively, could y’all point me to some reliable places online that sell the ammo?

Thanks y’all,
Phil

I’ve got some leftover brass. Will also buy some new brass from PPU that’s already the right size.
You'd best try full length sizing the new brass before loading it. It may not chamber. Your rifle's chamber could be out of round (I've seen this before) and your fired brass will have a "belly" after extraction. It will also need to be full length resized.

I have no idea about reloads but I would inspect that rifle very carefully before shooting it. Towards the end of the war the Japanese were running out of good quality metal and they were not especially concerned with quality control.

I have no idea about reloads but I would inspect that rifle very carefully before shooting it. Towards the end of the war the Japanese were running out of good quality metal and they were not especially concerned with quality control.
Mines an older Type 38. High quality steel & craftsmanship.
I’ve shot this and it functions beautifully. Been saving the brass. No damage to the spent casings.

I too know nothing about reloading. That’s why I’m hoping someone reading this thread will want to help me out. Pass on some knowledge. 😁

Back
Top Bottom