• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any axe folks here abouts?

Fairly choice Otto. I always wanted one like Ragnar Lothbrook toted in Vikings, super slick 👍
The Cold Steel Norse hawk might fit the bill.
I just gave one to a friend who does wood carving and he's doing some fancy work on the handle.
Fairly inexpensive, I picked up that one and the Rifleman's Hawk from Midway with a free shipping deal.
Screenshot_20230513_091336_Google.jpg
and the Rifleman's after I finished it.
20230421_161425.jpg

The Cold Steel Norse hawk might fit the bill.
I just gave one to a friend who does wood carving and he's doing some fancy work on the handle.
Fairly inexpensive, I picked up that one and the Rifleman's Hawk from Midway with a free shipping deal.View attachment 5710515 and the Rifleman's after I finished it.View attachment 5710517
That Rifleman is mighty sharp sir

hand made, and quite in demand.....I had to pay $100 just to get on a waiting list, to get a randomly picked opportunity to place the order....that took almost a year....then, after the "opportunity" to order comes the real wait....2-3 more years....I'll have to go back through all my emails to get a true time line....I believe he also does something in Facebook, however I do not go into those places....

hand made, and quite in demand.....I had to pay $100 just to get on a waiting list, to get a randomly picked opportunity to place the order....that took almost a year....then, after the "opportunity" to order comes the real wait....2-3 more years....I'll have to go back through all my emails to get a true time line....I believe he also does something in Facebook, however I do not go into those places....
I looked it up after you posted it. Quite a demand and a lo......ng wait.
I don't believe I could ever have that kind of patience but it's some beautiful work.

I have a few old ones. It's just a tool for me. I'll fix them when I need to. I like a double sided axe myself. If it has to be a multi tool, I'll use a one sided axe with a flat head for driving things

I have a couple of double bit axes but my hatchets are all single bit.
Growing up we had several old barns around the place. Rummaging around one day I dug up this old axe head.
Cleaned it up and made a handle for it. I guess that was about 50 years ago and I'm still hanging on to it.
It's actually quite a hacker, doesn't throw worth a damn though.
20220601_161932.jpg

Back
Top Bottom