• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any axe folks here abouts?

Growing up we had several old barns around the place. Rummaging around one day I dug up this old axe head.
Cleaned it up and made a handle for it. I guess that was about 50 years ago and I'm still hanging on to it.
It's actually quite a hacker, doesn't throw worth a damn though. View attachment 6041930

I really like that. It was probably an axe head. Not really made for throwing. I’m not a thrower, anyway. I’m sure it’s fun, but not practical for me. I’m not surprised it is a good whacker, though. That’s what it was made for. No doubt about that.

Growing up we had several old barns around the place. Rummaging around one day I dug up this old axe head.
Cleaned it up and made a handle for it. I guess that was about 50 years ago and I'm still hanging on to it.
It's actually quite a hacker, doesn't throw worth a damn though. View attachment 6041930
That's things nice! If you ever need someone to pass it on to, let me know....

Edit to add: just for general knowledge, I'm in McDonough every Sunday!....😆😆😆

I have a few old ones. It's just a tool for me. I'll fix them when I need to. I like a double sided axe myself. If it has to be a multi tool, I'll use a one sided axe with a flat head for driving things

Agree. I do like the really old school multi tool type hatchets, though, just for nostalgia…And they can be practical. I have a few really old ones.

I gave this one to my son. We’ve used it a fair amount. It has the bit, hammer, crowbar, and nail puller(which can be used for several tasks). It’s a handy little thing.

IMG_3420.jpeg

Agree. I do like the really old school multi tool type hatchets, though, just for nostalgia…And they can be practical. I have a few really old ones.

I gave this one to my son. We’ve used it a fair amount. It has the bit, hammer, crowbar, and nail puller(which can be used for several tasks). It’s a handy little thing.

View attachment 6041979
Framers hatchet?

View attachment 6041979
I've got one. They used to be fairly common. Been thinking about modifying it for throwing.
It actually throws pretty good the way it is but that prybar rips out a lot of wood from the target.

I've got one. They used to be fairly common. Been thinking about modifying it for throwing.
It actually throws pretty good the way it is but that prybar rips out a lot of wood from the target.

Doesn’t that make the pry bar more practical? LOL

they are wonderful little things!!!
My dad left behind several unused Gransfors in different styles...the little one's you can give to your children/grandchildren...that's what I have done....they are good for splitting fat wood, however so is the $15 True Temper

Back
Top Bottom