• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Bicyclists in the house? Road? Mountain? Hybrid?

When I was riding everyday I wouldn’t even change cloths for a short ride. Jump out of my truck and onto the bike in jeans and a T-shirt. I put on a neoprene leg wrap to keep my pants leg out of the gears and that’s it. Usually those rides are on the MTB but I’ve made a quick shoe change and jumped on the roadie in the same attire. I get some looks at Stone Mountain Park but oh well lol.

I don’t think I could ride in jeans. Except maybe home from the bar. Sounds like chafing waiting to happen.

Hey guys - my son is way into biking...

Looking for a recommendation for a decent bike-specific tool kit. Found one on wish but heard reference to one at Harbor Freight but can't find it online.

TIA

Kind of depends what you’re looking for. A good tool kit for the house to work on bikes? Or a good tool kit that would store on the bike while you’re riding? Two totally different types of kits. Everybody needs a good little one for the bike, fix flat tires, broken chains, etc. That’s probably the most important first tool kit.

Most all of the multi tools with chain breaker thingamajigies will work for that. Check REI for some decent quality stuff.

For the home, REI, Performance Bike, a couple of those places will make some good tool kits.

If he’s already into working on his bike at home, a good bike stand it’s worth every penny.

I don’t think I could ride in jeans. Except maybe home from the bar. Sounds like chafing waiting to happen.

Requires the right drawers lol I’ve done 30-40 miles in jeans. I’m guessing if I went 50-100 I would probably get into trouble but I’ve never ridden that far so I can’t tell you.

Just got back from McIntosh Reserve and doing 7 of the most miserable miles I've ever ridden. I recommend you choose your least favorite trail system, let the air out of your tires, and go ride that.....you'll have more fun doing that than there is at McIntosh. That place has a ton of potential if the trails were maintained. Horses have pretty much destroyed everything there. Also, the map is almost useless. There are so many alternate trails, side trails, short cuts, and cut-throughs that aren't on the map, you just about can't even figure out where you are exactly unless you can spot some sort of structure or road because trail marking is almost non-existent. This was my first time there and I won't be back to ride those "trails".

I grew up riding the soap Creek trails around east cobb. Most of them have always been off-limits to mountain bikes, but nowadays they’re pretty well enforced off-limits. That blows. Because they were really sweet.

But now I’ve been riding Allatoona creek trails in Acworth, off of Pitner Road or Stilesboro Road.

Those trails are outstanding. Several big jump flow tracks. Several miles of bermed single track. And many more miles of easy to technical trails. Easily 20 or more miles of singletrack out there. And all very well-maintained. Teeter toddler’s, bridges like in British Columbia, big berms...And good flowy single track.

I would recommend checking that out if you’re into it.

9 miles at Clinton Nature Preserve today .Ive gotta say that is my favorite trail system .
What's y'alls favorite trail system? I'm always on the hunt for places to ride .

For those of you looking for a really good time, there's an upcoming MTB Event called The Sasquatch Ride at Indian Springs Nov 17-18. Food, music, trails, sag stops, camping... something for everyone... Look it up on FB if interested in attending.

Back
Top Bottom