• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any bullet swagers out there?

Cason

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
20   0
Reaction score
So I watched an Ammosmith video on swaging/partial jacketing 9mm lc pills and I am super interested. Anybody out there doing the same thing?

Corbins are fine dies and equipment but very high $$

look at the used market for C&H swag dies...usually pretty cheap and will work in a Std press.

I had a set of Corbins for 308 and .357 for years. also their Mini Mite press. made nice bullets but frankly it was very hard to come close to what the bullet makers do today in price or quality. I will say we were making bonded bullets in the 70s though. also copper tubing bullets.

I had totally forgotten about making this thread, but I have a few things on the burner that some of you may be interested in.

I have aquired some equipment, made some plans, and bought the material to make my own swaging dies. Right now, since I shoot .40SW, I am planning on making a 2 die set to swage .40 JHP from 9mm spent brass. I haven't got them made yet, but very close to it.

I will also be making my own swaging press as soon as I perfect these dies. Would there be any interest from you guys in a set of these dies or a press? I do believe I can make these in volume for a decent price. Definitely cheaper than the other options out there, and hopefully more available. I would be able to make 9mm, .40SW, and .45ACP dies using my same design. These will also be able to be used on a standard heavy duty single stage press such as a Rockchucker or Classic Cast.

Back
Top Bottom