• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Corvette Fans?

I realize it's older and there will be normal wear and tear, but as long as there's not any major specifics to check, then I'm good. It's supposed to be completely stock, said it just needs some tlc. If the deal goes through, then I'll post some pics. My wife says I'm going through a midlife crisis, lol. I drove a 92 model once in highschool.

Have you seen the car yet? In my experience, TLC = interior is shot and engine doesn't turn over. There are plenty of deals out there. If you can hold out, you can find extremely well cared for cars that won't break your bank. I'm not saying the 1984 Corvette is a bad car but if it hasn't been cared for it may as well be a Yugo. You'll spend a lot of money making it right (maybe). It's very easy for emotion to overrule in these cases.

If anyone is interested in a bit of a project they can have mine for 6k, I bought it for 12k spent another 6 on redoing the interior lost interest an now it's been standing for years one of those outside under cover which is the major cause of needing some love

My 90 C4 at the Museum on one of it's few outings. sits in the garage majority of the time.

DSC_0246.jpg

Damn craiglisters, sold the car out from under me.:mad: Paint was dull, a buffing would have worked. Heat and ac, dash, radio worked. Needed carpet in the front and seat covers, from wear. Nothing needed, maybe a tune up.

Have you seen the car yet? In my experience, TLC = interior is shot and engine doesn't turn over. There are plenty of deals out there. If you can hold out, you can find extremely well cared for cars that won't break your bank. I'm not saying the 1984 Corvette is a bad car but if it hasn't been cared for it may as well be a Yugo. You'll spend a lot of money making it right (maybe). It's very easy for emotion to overrule in these cases.

True. If you pass up a good running $12k car to buy a $4k project - when you pass the $12k mark on the project car you'll realize your mistake.

If anyone is interested in a bit of a project they can have mine for 6k, I bought it for 12k spent another 6 on redoing the interior lost interest an now it's been standing for years one of those outside under cover which is the major cause of needing some love

A car like this a good deal. Frog's done much of the heavy lifting for you.

I have a Hot Wheel of a '65 black convertible. Probably as close as I'll ever get.... :rolleyes:

My father in-law has '65 coupe that he has owned for over 40 years now. It has been stock, wild 70s custom, a road race and autocross machine, and a sort of Grand Sport street rod. Its been sitting dormant for the last ten years, and this summer he tore it down to the frame for a new identity. The stock engine sits rebuilt on an engine stand, and an LS engine will be taking it's place.

73 was an odd/interesting year for Corvette styling.

'72 was the last year for both front and rear chrome bumpers AND THE POP OUT REAR WINDOW ( SUPER COOL) I don't believe they looked good again until '82 Went to Petit Le Mans this weekend where the #3 Corvette wrapped up the championship! There were 6-8 2014 Stingrays in the Corvette corral. Man, they were awesome!

Back
Top Bottom