Any experience with SWR Spectre II

pretty much decided the spectre is the way to go. Gotta get back with a local dealer and see if he can get closer to the price from silencershop or if I need to order through them.

There is one local dealer that will do the transfer for free (yes class iii for free) and another guy that it might be good to build a relationship with since he's getting his sot soon that'll do the transfer for 50 or maybe he'll come down a little and get me closer to the 350 price it'd be from online plus his transfer fee.
I don't think he has one in stock so it'd be form 3 either way to him

the sparrow seems to have a pretty loud first round pop, and this one there's not much difference. that's one of the big reasons i'm leaning towards it

I've shot my sparrow around alot of members, I don't any of them will tell you they noticed the FRP.

The SS on the spectre is great for easy cleaning, and the CTA baffles help protect the tube from lead.

I do like how short my Sparrow is though.

If you shoot mostly pistols the Spectre is the better choice IMO, for more rifle work the Sparrow.

There is a very easy cure for FRP. its called a WD40 can. one squirt gets rid of all that pesky oxygen.

Do you even notice it on the 22? I couldn't tell you the difference form my first to my fifth shot on my sparrow.

SWR Spectre II vs. TM Isis22, Thoughts? QuietRiot?

Spectre II by a mile.

Spectre II is stainless for more cleaning options: Ultrasonic, dip, tumbling
Spectre II protects the tube from lead
Spectre II is one of, if not the quietest suppressor on the market

Last edited:
Whoa there hoss. Have you ever shot both? I have. The Isis22 has a better tone to me. Especially on rifles. And it's lighter. They are very different cans with different features. The spectre is built like a tank. The Isis is higher volume but lighter. Good and bad in both.

For frp, yeh I hear it in a lot of cans. Higher volume cans more so usually. It doesn't really bother me though. A good hard blow into it helps. One squirt of an aerosol pretty much eliminates it.

Whoa there hoss. Have you ever shot both? I have. The Isis22 has a better tone to me. Especially on rifles. And it's lighter. They are very different cans with different features. The spectre is built like a tank. The Isis is higher volume but lighter. Good and bad in both.

For frp, yeh I hear it in a lot of cans. Higher volume cans more so usually. It doesn't really bother me though. A good hard blow into it helps. One squirt of an aerosol pretty much eliminates it.

SHot the Spectre, not the isis, but that's why I didn't compare the tone, just the material quality. But at 6.5" for a rimfire can it better be quiet, that's pretty dang long, in fact it's as long as their Zephyr XL which is made to look "to scale" on a 22lr AR-15.

Spectre: 5.98" @ 6.8oz

Isis-22: 6.5" @ 4.7oz

Warlock II(probably the most similar comparrison to ISIS-II)- 6" @ 3oz

Sparrow: 5" @ 6.5oz

Now Stainless Steel out of the discussion, what benefit does the Isis-22 have over the warlock(essentially the aluminum spectre) since the Isis is heavier, longer, higher MSRP, and doesn't protect the tube from lead?

Last edited:
You're thinking of the chd. That is the one made to look right on an ar.

Hold your fingers apart half an inch. That's not a lot.

The Isis is a monocore, which I prefer for rimfire, especially rifles. It's super quiet on longer barrels as compared to "multi baffle" cans. Also, maintenance is much less cumbersome to me on monocores. Pop it out in one piece, into the soaker, wipe it off and assemble. If the length and weight are too much for you, get the zephyr l which is only 3.2 oz. It is essentially the same core just smaller. And only $230.

We're still talking about two totally different cans with different attributes here. Both are awesome cans.

You're thinking of the chd. That is the one made to look right on an ar.

Hold your fingers apart half an inch. That's not a lot.

The Isis is a monocore, which I prefer for rimfire, especially rifles. It's super quiet on longer barrels as compared to "multi baffle" cans. Also, maintenance is much less cumbersome to me on monocores. Pop it out in one piece, into the soaker, wipe it off and assemble. If the length and weight are too much for you, get the zephyr l which is only 3.2 oz. It is essentially the same core just smaller. And only $230.

We're still talking about two totally different cans with different attributes here. Both are awesome cans.

Yea I suppose the monocore is it's own bag, I am an admitted monocore fanboy anyway.

Back
Top Bottom