• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Trouble with Dead Air/ KGM Customer Service

on the KGM vs DA one big thing right now is every silencer company or anyone related to them (Silencer Shop) is overwhelmed currently because everyone is jumping on the bandwagon now that wait times are in the sub 30 days. Everything is out of stock, and everyone is maxed out for production to make cans because everything is back ordered with orders waiting to be filled.

I am sure for them, it makes more sense to spend an hour making 20 cans to fill back orders instead of repairing one. The issue with not being able to "just replace" the can because of serial numbers and such.

I have a Nomad and love it. was going to order a Primal but hard to find them right now. I will probably look at one of the additive LTi cans in the future, but because of the additive printing of the can, I wonder how they will fix them if there is an issue???? AFAIK you can't just weld them back together if there's an issue. The advantage might be that if the sub 30 days approvals continue, they could replace the can and pay the $200 transfer fee and submit a new serial for approval??

DA farms work out...which is the problem.

Sub-contractor work tends to have more issues from my personal experience.

I have one DA can the baffles are not aligned properly but the performance hit is not worth the headache.. :wacko:

I like DA but I will not buy another of their cans unless I can get my hands on it and inspect it first like I did with my Nomad L.

The Wolfman and
Nomad L are really good with .300blk.

So update and (hopefully) conclusion:

After speaking with Dallin (the new CS Manger, you can see him on their Insta page) and him reading through my emails he got Mike Pappas involved. Pappas reached out to KGM to see what's going on. Yada, yada, yada it magically was just about to be sent off to be re-cerakoted and would be shipped to Utah and then returned to me. That was 2 weeks ago.
The UPS driver tried to deliver it today but I was at work and a signature was required. I'll swing by UPS tomorrow and pick it up.
This incident doesn't turn me off to Dead Air they just need to be more pushy with getting product returned to their owners but best believe I'm going to think long and hard about anything that has to do with KGM.

Back
Top Bottom