• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any ideas???

The accelerator rounds that you found are not very safe. I know a few people who used them and once in a while one would decide to be drunk and go out of the side of the barrel. They stopped using them after replacing a few barrels. Not sure about rifling being the reason for discontinuing, since there's other platforms that don't give impressions on the projectiles like black powder and shotgun, but the safety issue was definitely a part of the reason for discontinuing them.

They outlawed those because there was no way to identify what type of rifle the projectile came out of if I remember correctly. I remember me and my father bought a couple boxes of them back in the '80s. The sabot drops off and the projectile has absolutely no distinguishing marks on it.
Can you quote where they were outlawed? Maybe in Commiefornia, but never heard of sabots being outlawed in GA. We still use Sabots in BP rifles and shotguns (which have no rifling anyway, unless you have a specific barrel).

Rosewood

The accelerator rounds that you found are not very safe. I know a few people who used them and once in a while one would decide to be drunk and go out of the side of the barrel. They stopped using them after replacing a few barrels. Not sure about rifling being the reason for discontinuing, since there's other platforms that don't give impressions on the projectiles like black powder and shotgun, but the safety issue was definitely a part of the reason for discontinuing them.
Out the side of the barrel? Not sure how that is possible. You have pictures? Or did you mean just really inaccurate?

Rosewood

I’ve seen bent barrels shoot and doesn’t exit through the side of the barrel… demolitionranch turned one almost 180 degrees and it traveled all the way through the barrel. Not sure I believe them going out the side of the barrel. Not saying impossible but those barrels had to be stamped aluminum 1/64th thick lol

Back
Top Bottom