• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any interest in custom knives?

Greyman

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
5   0
Reaction score
I’m a hobbyist knife maker and I’ve finally got my product quality to a level where I want to start trying to get some in people’s hands.

I’ve mainly been focusing on edc/defensive fixed blades but I’m also working on a few hunting and bushcraft style designs as well. I’ve made a few kitchen knives, but I wasn’t 100% happy with them, so they are still a work I progress.

if anyone is interested I’d be happy to work on custom designs too. A456D423-8C0E-47CD-B9CC-2B519825349A.jpegE3996FBE-B1BA-4C3A-8D5D-B09A38061631.jpeg4324BD17-D810-466A-912F-2E5F56D92912.jpeg09390AE0-B09A-4E69-B181-BF0E0A1BE68F.jpegFE277796-6C12-46C6-AC47-B1174877A588.jpeg

Price range, metal used, handle materials, location, lead time, etc?

I like to support hobbyist businesses and looks like you make nice stuff. I’d consider having a photograph portfolio made if you’re serious about it.

Most recently I’ve been using 440C stainless and W2. I just got some 3V that I’m excited to try out as far as handles so pretty much stabilized wood and g10 or Micarta. I’ve used antler and bone in the past but they stink up the shop too bad haha.

Most of my stuff starts around $150 depending on size including a kydex sheath. Lead time is kinda hard to judge, it just varies with how many orders I get and what’s going on with my real job. Right now probably 2 weeks or so.

Good looking knives. At that price range, I'd think you'll do well. Kinda thin right now or I'd try to take the shawty at the bottom off your hands

Glad you like them. that bottom one is my newest project. I came up with it for a guy I was in the army with, but I think I’m going to make some more.

you can hit me up here or permar_custom_knives on Instagram if you decide you want one.

use any burlap micarta? I like that knife on the wood table with grey finish

Thanks, I think that one might be my favorite I’ve finished so far.

I’ve used burlap Micarta a few times. I’m not a huge fan of Micarta in general because it’s a bit harder to finish nicely, but the burlap with big weaves gives a nice textured look

Thanks, I think that one might be my favorite I’ve finished so far.

I’ve used burlap Micarta a few times. I’m not a huge fan of Micarta in general because it’s a bit harder to finish nicely, but the burlap with big weaves gives a nice textured look
blade length on that one? I dont do innagram

Back
Top Bottom