• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any love or hate for the Keltec sub2k?

They are a very useful tool and a neat design for a foldable carbine, problem I ran into , they were just to short with the length of my arms, even after putting on one of the extensions. I think the Gen2 are adjustable natively but I gave those a try and had the same issues :( , for those can weld them they will run like a champ. Carbine on!

I have enjoyed my gen 1. It came in the smith and Wesson 59 series mag so my 9 mm smith 5906 can trade mags with it. Gun has ran without a hiccup and surprising accurate.

Would like them better if Keltec would warranty after original owner. I don't buy too many new guns these days. Unfortunately that is the only way to get the lifetime guarantee on a Keltec. Subsequent owners are on their own for repairs that would normally be covered by warranty. Many manufacturers like that, which is why my collection has decreased significantly over the years.

Other then Keltec who else doesn't offer a transferable warranty on their firearms? I know CZ has like a 2yr manufacturer warranty...

I think SCCY is the only company that actually says they will warranty past the original purchaser.

Some others tend to also (Ruger comes to mind) but do it more as a customer service thing. It's not actually in their warranty.

Big fan of this rifle.

Thanks to @Labowski for the tip for finding one at a reasonable price.

But ya gotta remember that I'm a fan of pistol caliber carbines and this one fits the bill...and I don't even own a glock. Slim forearm is GREAT!

Fold this sucka in half and she'll fit in almost anywhere. 33rd glock mags run like a charm as do the 50rd drums.

There is a new manual of arms required for this platform but it is well worth learning. I'm becoming a big fan of Kel Tec and their wizardly ways of firearms...I would love to work in their R&D department because based on what they currently offer, the future is a great thing. They have some crazy stuff but I'm crazy like that...

Worked up a buffer tube cheek pad to make shooting 'er a little more pleasant but for goodness sake it's a 9mm as it is. PM for details.

Just acquired one 9mm g17 mags seems to run great and is pretty quite suppressed. Got it yesterday afternoon and put 580 rounds through it when I got home ran great and I loaded up subs and it is as quite as my glock. The two complaints I have is that it's gay that it folds and the pinging noise in the tube from the recoil spring sucks but its really only noticeable with the can on.

Any love or hate for them? Or just get accessories to help with the spring noise?

Started a steals and deals thread because Appalachian armory in dawsonville has them for $370.00 brand new can't beat that so i did some traiding and snagged one very happy i did.

View attachment 1296120
Cool setup.

Back
Top Bottom