• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any love or hate for the Keltec sub2k?

Public service announcement -

So I recently ran across this ammo at outdoorlimited.

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=yavex9mm115bp

It's made in Turkey, is mil-spec , FMJ, brass case, and comes in battle packs. Not sure of the primer type, I forgot to look.

YAVEX9MM115BP.jpg

And did I mention it was 16 cents/rd before shipping? That's in steel-case territory!

But because it is mil-spec they warn about using it in reduced power hammer springs, etc. because of the primers.

Guess who had about a 10% light strike record with this at the range Monday?

Yep, my beloved Sub2K...

My TNW Aero Survival Rifle eats it up, though. No issues at all.

And boy is it hot compared to Freedom Munitions 9mm!

Public service announcement -

So I recently ran across this ammo at outdoorlimited.

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=yavex9mm115bp

It's made in Turkey, is mil-spec , FMJ, brass case, and comes in battle packs. Not sure of the primer type, I forgot to look.

YAVEX9MM115BP.jpg

And did I mention it was 16 cents/rd before shipping? That's in steel-case territory!

But because it is mil-spec they warn about using it in reduced power hammer springs, etc. because of the primers.

Guess who had about a 10% light strike record with this at the range Monday?

Yep, my beloved Sub2K...

My TNW Aero Survival Rifle eats it up, though. No issues at all.

And boy is it hot compared to Freedom Munitions 9mm!

How much of a pop does it have from a can?

I have never looked at one but from what I am reading there is a buffer spring. If it works like an AR15 buffer and spring a little bearing grease on the spring will keep it from making that sound. It's worth try anyway. First time I shot a AR15 and thought this thing sounds like ****. I immediately went and got some grease and put a very light coat on the spring. NO MORE TWANG! Give a whirl.

I have never looked at one but from what I am reading there is a buffer spring. If it works like an AR15 buffer and spring a little bearing grease on the spring will keep it from making that sound. It's worth try anyway. First time I shot a AR15 and thought this thing sounds like ****. I immediately went and got some grease and put a very light coat on the spring. NO MORE TWANG! Give a whirl.

I'll give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom