• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any Meth Heads on here?

Methanol/water mix that is sprayed into high boosted /forced induction systems to cool intake air/fuel temps and allow for running a little more advanced timing to reduce spark knock and increase HP numbers quite substantially. Ratios of meth to water mix is toyed with for optimum HP gains. The meth and water drastically reduce intake temp. It compliments a intercooler and both work for reduced intake air/fuel temps. Can make a huge difference for what little money you spend.
And the ‘engine masters’ episode came to the conclusion that water doesn’t burn and never makes power

Meth injection isn’t worth the hassle in my opinion. Had it on a couple different vehicles and while it certainly works once it’s setup properly, I’d focus that money on just running better fuel, either E85 or race gas.

Watch this episode. I pulled up the link for you.

Meth injection isn’t worth the hassle in my opinion. Had it on a couple different vehicles and while it certainly works once it’s setup properly, I’d focus that money on just running better fuel, either E85 or race gas.
Did you have HP tuner and alter any engine parameters when you put it on?

I had a DevilsOwn kit on my old VW GTI and Snow Performance kit on a Supercharged Tacoma. The VW really saw improvements in the summer time but the Tacoma was basically night and day no matter what since it was a non intercooled roots-type blower and would heat soak REALLY badly. IAT on the Tacoma would go from 190-210 to 60 degrees when activated. I had no issues from either kit and I converted my windshield washer fluid tank to be my Methanol tank on both. I would suggest it if you're looking for a few more horsepower or cooler IATs. These were both daily driven as well.

The meth was also a huge benefit on the VW as it was direct injection. I played with it enough that it helped keep my intake valves clear so I didn't have to worry about the carbon build up on the back of my intake valves.

VW made 360/359 off meth. 394/401 on meth
Tacoma made 255/275 off meth. 316/327 on meth.

I had a DevilsOwn kit on my old VW GTI and Snow Performance kit on a Supercharged Tacoma. The VW really saw improvements in the summer time but the Tacoma was basically night and day no matter what since it was a non intercooled roots-type blower and would heat soak REALLY badly. IAT on the Tacoma would go from 190-210 to 60 degrees when activated. I had no issues from either kit and I converted my windshield washer fluid tank to be my Methanol tank on both. I would suggest it if you're looking for a few more horsepower or cooler IATs. These were both daily driven as well.

The meth was also a huge benefit on the VW as it was direct injection. I played with it enough that it helped keep my intake valves clear so I didn't have to worry about the carbon build up on the back of my intake valves.

VW made 360/359 off meth. 394/401 on meth
Tacoma made 255/275 off meth. 316/327 on meth.
Not bad for a few hundred bucks. Those kind of numbers are hard to come by when you get to a certain point. When you trying to shave 1/10ths off your time slip it's worth the bread.

I never tracked either so I wouldnt know the time gained. The VW kit allowed +6 psi of boost and slight timing advance. The Tacoma was absolutely insane. It was the same boost but the timing was a 12 degree difference and over 100 temp drop. Those were also with the hood open on a dyno with a giant fan so not completely real world.

I would happily do another kit if I buy something else sporty

Back
Top Bottom