• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any original Nintendo fans out there?

Don't you have to get adapters for the RF switch or something? I vaguely remember the cord with the gray box on it and I don't think they plug into modern TVs.
I *think* you should be able to use the original RF switch on a modern TV. If I remember right it hooks up to the cable input on your TV.

Seems like I read that the new "mini console" has an HDMI output.

I *think* you should be able to use the original RF switch on a modern TV. If I remember right it hooks up to the cable input on your TV.

I should probably check pull it out of the box and look. If anything, the new one is worth it just for the convenience factor.

Almost every review on Amazon is negative on these since there were practically none available. Their site crashed, which is saying something for Amazon. My sister really wanted one so I tried to order one at 5pm yesterday. It would let you try to add it to the cart, but it would never take. At $60 it's a decent deal, but paying a premium for one is dumb. If you only buy one to flip, you should at least throw in some 22 rounds.

Don't you have to get adapters for the RF switch or something? I vaguely remember the cord with the gray box on it and I don't think they plug into modern TVs.

417A0HJAo5L.jpg

Almost every review on Amazon is negative on these since there were practically none available. Their site crashed, which is saying something for Amazon. My sister really wanted one so I tried to order one at 5pm yesterday. It would let you try to add it to the cart, but it would never take. At $60 it's a decent deal, but paying a premium for one is dumb. If you only buy one to flip, you should at least throw in some 22 rounds.

Everybody I know it's to order them from amazon yesterday at 5pm and you see the results. Good news is, Nintendo is supposed to release more....hopefully sooner rather than later, but I haven't heard a time table.

It looks like one of my orders from early friday went through. I fought with the gamestop and target website for hours but finally got a conformation number from GS. Really stoked to have 1 to play and one to flip. The gameplay is great. My only complaint is The controller cords are insanely short. Folks are gonna have to invest in a really long HDMI cable unless you can get comfortable right in front of the tv. And for the life of me I can't figure out why they didn't use the he original contra.

It looks like one of my orders from early friday went through. I fought with the gamestop and target website for hours but finally got a conformation number from GS. Really stoked to have 1 to play and one to flip. The gameplay is great. My only complaint is The controller cords are insanely short. Folks are gonna have to invest in a really long HDMI cable unless you can get comfortable right in front of the tv. And for the life of me I can't figure out why they didn't use the he original contra.

There are some aftermarket wireless controllers available for $14-20.

Back
Top Bottom