Any Osprey .45 owners?

chromedome82

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
87   0
Reaction score
I am looking around for a nice .45 suppressor and just came across the Osprey .45 for $680. After, researching for a while I've found that the only real contenders are the TiRant and Osprey in the .45 game. I haven't had the chance to compare them yet but definitely want to before I buy. What do you guys have experience with so far? Any good or bad reviews? Also if you know of anything else worth checking out let's here it. This is an investment so it's more of a "buy once, cry once" purchase. Thanks for listening and I look forward to hearing some reviews.

Swr octane 45. The osprey seems to have more frp over the octane and tirant. That's monocore vs k baffle. The octanes baffles are stainless so if you shoot lead you can dip the baffles. Tirant and osprey are aluminum, bad juju for lead. Check silencer shops youtube. They do several comparisons with the octane, osprey and tirant.

I have a 45 osprey on my fnp. 9 osprey on my glock 17 and the .40 osprey on a sfa xdm .40 before I sold the gun. I have shot all three along side other suppressors. To be totally honest, I really couldn't tell the difference between any of them and the swr octane was amoung them. All being shot from the same host gun with the same ammo. This was by ear of course. No official sound monitoring equipment. I think it all comes down to personal preference in the end. All the brands mentioned do their job quite well in my opinion.

The Osprey also has the serial number on the blast baffle. If you have catastrophic failure, like a bad round through the tube, the Osprey can be re-built without incurring another transfer fee. The Osprey and Octane also offer a wider variety of pistons.

The Tirant and Octane have ability to be taken apart.

Rich

I own the osprey and have an octane on a form 4 right now.

I really think the octane is the way to go unless shooting lead is useless to you. The low top profile of it does make it nice for shooting though.

Frp is really only an issue with 45 for me.

FRP can be countered if run wet, right? Right now I only have a rimfire can and have never had the issue of frp. Also, is there a host that runs quieter than others. I have the p220 Elite in mind right now but didn't know if it might be better or worse than the rest.

FRP can be countered if run wet, right? Right now I only have a rimfire can and have never had the issue of frp. Also, is there a host that runs quieter than others. I have the p220 Elite in mind right now but didn't know if it might be better or worse than the rest.

Yes water can alleviate it. From what I'm told 1911's meter best, but my 1911 and my Glock 21 sound the same to me with the Osprey.

Back
Top Bottom