• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any pipe smokers here? Just started

Nice FD gift indeed, that is a nice one.
I Smoked one for 15 years, till a co worker came running up to me one morning as their shifts started, he was crying, and babbling about the dream he'd had, it was of me at the funeral home in a casket, and the pipe had caused cancer, and my death, in his dream. I was near the shipping dock, smoking my pipe till he told me that, immediately I ran to the edge of the dock and threw it as far as I could into a desolate area. Been quit now 20+ years, but the urge of the flavor still hankers.
He was just tired of the stink, made up a nice story to get you to quit. The other guys working the dock probably bought him a beer for succeeding.

Flavored tobaccos can be the cause of the tongue bite some smokers get. Blended unflavored tobacco will give you a good aroma.

This was one of my grandfather’s Meerschaum pipes. The other is a mermaid bust.
I’ve never smoked it and probably never will.
C97A0CD6-04B6-40A0-BDF2-7CAA44FCBACB.jpeg

We are going to be having a Pipe event here at Maxwell's Cigar Bar in Woodstock Aug 3. Peterson, Savilleli, Rossi pipes and accessories. Plus tobaccos.

We had a rodbuster they call Roothugger that tied our rebar years ago that used to always smoke a pipe and one of the laborer's Babymac asked him about it one day and I'll never forget it. This is how the conversation went down. Roothugger is bent over tying rebar and Babymac said "That sure smells good, what does it taste like? Roothugger stands up up and pulls his pipe out of his mouth. Looks hard at babymac as serious as he can and say's "You never ask to smoke another man's pipe, I might taste like dick and you might like it." Pops the pipe in his mouth and goes back to work. Babymac just walked off with his head hung down. :pound:

My father was a construction superintendent.

Discussing one time what he looked for when he hired someone (way before computers and background checks), he said he would never hire a pipe smoker.

spent too much time messing around with it, left a mess.

I smoked a pipe for years, I enjoyed it, quit in the interest of domestic tranquility. I was not at all "addicted" to it. I favored large bowl burls. Had a few meerschaums but I always thought the burls smoked longer, cooler.

We had three or four good tobacco shops here, right now I don't know of a single one.

Probably best feeling of contentment I ever had was a good pipe, good bourbon and a good fire. You can just stare at the fire and about forget about everything that's bothering you..

I have never smoked a day in my life, but my Dad smoked a pipe for many years, and I always enjoyed the smell of the different flavors of tobacco he used.

My dad and grand father both smoked a pipe and cigarettes. Smokers become nose deaf to the side effect of their bad breath. Chew some gum while you smoke

When I was younger under 10 I say my mother didn't want me to the fact my dad smoke cigarettes so he smoked a pipe instead. I used to love the smell of that tobacco pipe. It had such a peculiar smell to it it wasn't offensive like cigarettes or cigars had a real sweet smell to it. I can't remember what tobacco it was but it was just something that you could grab anywhere but the scent was just very comforting to me I don't know why.

Back
Top Bottom