• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Any Porsche gurus here?

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
An old co-worker of mine texted me today saying hes picking up his new Porsche tomorrow, a 2016 911 Targa. It got me thinking about the Porsche from the movie Bad Boys. I've always like that one so I decided to look it up and see what the used prices are. That particular car is a 1994 911 Turbo. No big deal. I set some parameters of 75 miles from my zip code and a budget of $75k. No hits. I drop the 75k and 1 comes up. A 911 Carrera, non turbo but it has the turbo wide body kit. $89k. I'm talking to my friend like you've gotten be kidding me. I take off the radius and a lot more pop up, most are $150k-$300k with one listed for a little under a mil.

Mind = Blown

So why are they listed for that? Something must have happened and now they are collector items I take it eh?

An old co-worker of mine texted me today saying hes picking up his new Porsche tomorrow, a 2016 911 Targa. It got me thinking about the Porsche from the movie Bad Boys. I've always like that one so I decided to look it up and see what the used prices are. That particular car is a 1994 911 Turbo. No big deal. I set some parameters of 75 miles from my zip code and a budget of $75k. No hits. I drop the 75k and 1 comes up. A 911 Carrera, non turbo but it has the turbo wide body kit. $89k. I'm talking to my friend like you've gotten be kidding me. I take off the radius and a lot more pop up, most are $150k-$300k with one listed for a little under a mil.

Mind = Blown

So why are they listed for that? Something must have happened and now they are collector items I take it eh?
the 911 turbo wide was in bad boys one.. was/is..the car then was the best handling sport car of the day and went for more than 100k and if you could afford it you could maintain it..to do a tune up or rec service the entire motor had to be dropped from the chassis which was highly expensive...so those that almost could afford them would end up selling them after they found out the 6k price tag for interval service..so go ahead and buy one just leave enough dough for the services

Last edited:
I've owned two P cars (so far) a 944 and a 911. Buying them was cheap compared to keeping them maintained. Even still, I would love to have another one between now and the arrival of the dirt nap.

Huh? A non turbo 911 with around 100K miles should run you $25-$35 depending on service records. Links to the overprice non turbo cars you found? No way they are just plain 911's...

Back
Top Bottom