Any Porsche gurus here?

I've got a 2015 Panamera Hybrid S. The thing is amazing in the mountains and racetrack. (yes, I have had it on both). If I were to do it again I wouldn't get a hybrid but the GTS trim but that was another $50k

Amazing cars. The brakes are the most impressive. Jam on them at 150 mph and it stops with no wobble.

Porsche 911 prices have spiked a good bit in the last 3 years. I have friend who is Porsche nerd and he is amazed at what the market is for the cars these days.

For what it's worth, here's a nice 86 non turbo with the factory turbo body/suspension option (M491). It's up for for auction on bringatrailer.com:

13252_presscdn_0_94.pagely.netdna_cdn.com_wp_content_uploads_265e33eb5cde0ddf0fa37cbad55e1a8ec.jpg

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-porsche-911-carrera-turbo-look/

It should slot in your price range and hold it's value as a rareish machine.

Last edited:
After getting up to 169 mph on the autobahn in a base Panamera I'm sold on Porsche being amazing. Way out of my price range however.
A friend in college had a mid/late 80s (I think it was an 86, it was new at the time) 911 turbo and we did 165 on River Road in Baton Rouge. It's a REALLY bad pot hole filled curvy road. If I had to pick the top 3 times in my life I felt closest to death, that would be in there. God protects fools.... (sometimes). My friend died not long after, in his first ever formal motorcycle race. :grey:

A friend in college had a mid/late 80s (I think it was an 86, it was new at the time) 911 turbo and we did 165 on River Road in Baton Rouge. It's a REALLY bad pot hole filled curvy road. If I had to pick the top 3 times in my life I felt closest to death, that would be in there. God protects fools.... (sometimes). My friend died not long after, in his first ever formal motorcycle race. :grey:

Sorry to hear about your friend. I was driving when my Dad and I hit 169 mph. He got up to about 155 on his turn. I kept yelling at him to not put his foot on the brake :) 169 mph was fun, but quite scary.

Back
Top Bottom