• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any rifle experts out there that could help me with a couple of ?

Rivets have 2 heads that hold from both sides screws only hold on 1 side.
While screws & bolts only have a head on one side, they hold the part from the head side and the nut/receptacle side. It's impossible for a fastener to hold a part only on one side.

Rivits only hold the part in one direction- Shear. Rivits have poor tension resistance. Tension head screws & bolts offer good resistance against shear and tension. (There are shear head screws and bolts.)

The problem with screws and bolts is they need some sort of threadlocking in applications where shock and vibration is present. Another downside is if the hole is a little large, a screw/bolt doesn't expand. Hole diameter can be more critical. A rivit can be expanded to fill an oversized hole, but there is no guarantee it will it it often results in the rivit being overdriven which can crack the rivit. Another downside to using a screw/bolt & nut is that the nut sits higher than the shophead of a rivit.

I would say ask 900 for the two rifles and take the best offer. The bulk ammo? You can buy that exact ammo for 29 cents per round off of bulk ammo sites. So you can mark the ammo down a tad and again take the best offer. Don't be offended on the offers you get on the guns. It's a buyers market out there and gunners what stuff is selling for and they will try and get under that by a bit.

$350 for an AR with a stainless steel barrel???
Talk about lowballing!
Instead of trying to score a deal for yourself, try to answer the question honestly.

Hahahahahahaha! I just read this post! An ambulance chaser wanting someone else to answer a question "honestly". Man, that is funny!

Back
Top Bottom