• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any suggestions for long distance benchrest spotting range optics.

Robroyb

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
122   0
Reaction score
I'm primary looking for suggestions to shoot paper on long distance ranges, but I will start out at 100-200 for learning, then spread out farther from there. I want 1 good spotting optic, whatever the name is for it, that benchrest shooters use and suggest.

Is 1000 yard distance possible for spotting?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

IMG_1766.JPG

Sorry, couldn't resist...electronic scoring at CMP range in Talladega AL.

Do not skimp on price. plan on spending at least 900 buck. Sure cheaper one will get you to 100 to 200 but when you start going to 600-1000 yards that's when the money is going to show itself. Cheap scopes have eye relief issues where you to damn near put your eyeball on the glass and peel back your eye lids and wrap around the rubber eye piece. Sounds funny but it is true. Visit some long range forums and enter in spotting scopes and you should get some good choices there. I only shoot mostly out to 200 so I bought a 400 dollar scope and it struggles at 300. Leupold, Vortex has several in that 1000 dollar range that will fit the bill. Vortex has a few, Leupold you can always trust. As far as part numbers and other choices I would visit the optic threads on a long range forum to get the best bang for your buck.

Back
Top Bottom