Any watch people here???

Get that thing fixed. Most local jewelry stores have watch makers that they farm out watch repair too. A non-gen crystal for a 16610 submariner installed by a watch maker should only run you about $200. A gen crystal would be about $100 more installed.

Mayors is a Rolex cert. dealer/repair store. Take it to them if you want it done by a Rolex trained watch pro.
I need to!

- - - Updated - - -

I am crying for you! What does a new crystal run these days?
Yep, it was a heartbreaking moment.

In that price range.. Tag! I have a formula one and love it.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a couple I would like to sell to get some 1911's. Do you sell used watches?

Yeah I was just looking at some Tags today. I don't personally know anyone with one so I haven't heard much first hand accounts. Definitely looking at them!:thumb:

Big time watch guy here. Bought and sold Rolex for years. I've owned almost everything there is to own at one time or another from $9K and below.

In that price range there is limited options for true high end brands but it really depends on what you like style, size wise and mechanically (auto, quartz, manual wind). Vintage rolex (datejust, submariner, GMT) are all 36-40mm so they are quite a bit smaller than todays current trend in the 42mm and up range. Rolex, Omega and Breitling all hold value well if you're looking for an investment and exceed the build quality of most other brands hands down.

Stay far away from Ebay. There are replica watches out there that are almost impossible to tell the difference even when opened because the works are engraved identical to the gen also. Some even come with genuine parts mixed in to complicate ID further. The price will be higher at a local dealer but you'll be 100% on what you're getting.

I don't do Ebay anymore period so that is not a problem lol. If I buy nice products I buy locally so I can see and put my hands on it first. You can't go wrong with a Vintage Rolex. I just have to stay away from gold bracelets. Then it gets way out of my price range. I have found lots of datejusts in my price range, Submariners seem to get a little to a lot out of my reach, unless you guys know of some places that sell that I don't know about. The problem with vintage Datejusts are that they look like a present day woman's watch in size.

I love watches. I just can't afford the big boys. I do have one nice watch, a Titanium Citizen Eco-Drive. The rest are just designer fashion watches like Fossils and such. I am debating on taking the plunge into a nice Hamilton, Grand Seiko, Tisso, vintage Rolex etc. Any of you guys dabble into watches? If so what do you got and what do you recommend in that $1000 - $2500 range.

Take a look at Oris or Ball watches. Good place to start in Atlanta is Capetown Diamond in Roswell. Google their website. (Note: Oris, not Orvis)

Back
Top Bottom