• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody Been to the Clybel Range Lately?

Spent some time with the crew that was trying to get the system up and running. I have trouble getting service at the range on my phone and know that has been a problem for a long time. Is it possible this could be the problem?

Anyone know the maker of the electronic scoring system? The ones I know a little about are wired. I've seen wireless systems too. Usually when a wire is clipped, the whole "bank" of targets goes down.

I was amazed that the CMP initially allowed any yahoo to come on range 1 and just bang away. Disaster.

Went today. I think the system was made by Konsberg? Konigsberg? Something like that. They actually check your license now and make you watch a safety video. They give you a little card saying you watched it- you have to watch it once a year.

The pistol pit is a ton of fun- I've never shot steel before. It's fun to try to hit things at different ranges without waiting to move the target.

The rifle range is fun, but there's only 2 lanes at less that 100yds- so if you want to sight in a new scope you're gonna have to wait. Plus side- without going down range people don't stick around as long.

The target system is pretty nice- if you're fine tuning iron sights it's nice to have, but honestly a spotting scope worked just as well. I'd probably appreciate the target system more of the target was farther away.

It's nice, but I reiterate- I'd much rather have longer range than fancy target systems.

Back
Top Bottom