• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

anybody else hate indoor ranges?

I will not go to a indoor range, they are way to small for one thing and I have seen to many people muzzle sweep me and others around me, I wish I could find a outdoor place to shoot in N.E.Georgia.

You have nearly 900,000 acres of National Forest to blast away on.

Several state run shooting ranges, depending on where you are .

Yeah, I hate indoor.

Last time I was at the public cohutta outdoor range I was muzzle swept by a group of people sharing an AK-47 with no sites on it, and a 1911.

Since then, I joined at Riverbend. A little bit of a drive, but kind of North Central between 75 and 575. Great facility and IThink the annual cost is very fair at around $300.

Headed to my local indoor shortly. Picked up a trade yesterday I'd like to run a few mags thru to check it out. Prefer to shoot outdoors but I find if I get there early I usually have the place to myself. Pretty convenient to test out a new piece etc. I tend to avoid the afternoons when it gets a little crowded.

A range is a range. I don't see much difference between how folks handle themselves at an indoor range versus and outdoor one.

Riverbend requires a pretty stiff initiation. I believe everybody gets in, but it takes all day including a paper test. It's annoying yes, but I've never been muzzle swept and have never seen anything I would feel uncomfortable with there yet. Been going for three years.

Ranges out to 600 yards, paper and steel. So many ranges that I'm usually myself or one or two other people on the whole range.

Steel for handguns outdoor two, you get the whole area to yourself. Multiple bays.

Cost a little the first year, then 300ish~ each additional year.. I figure that's a pretty good deal.

Riverbend requires a pretty stiff initiation. I believe everybody gets in, but it takes all day including a paper test. It's annoying yes, but I've never been muzzle swept and have never seen anything I would feel uncomfortable with there yet. Been going for three years.

Ranges out to 600 yards, paper and steel. So many ranges that I'm usually myself or one or two other people on the whole range.

Steel for handguns outdoor two, you get the whole area to yourself. Multiple bays.

Cost a little the first year, then 300ish~ each additional year.. I figure that's a pretty good deal.

There's a bunch of us here that agree with you, but I can't name any names..... :tape:

I go to the indoor range in Covington to sight in and only when there's not a lot of people the ventilation is bad at times other then that it's Charlie Elliot

And what's not to love about the spent brass bouncing off your noggin. Hate indoor ranges. Have my own range and do not shoot at public facilities at all. It's too nerve-racking

Last time I went to Ga Gun Club the woman next to me caught a piece of flying brass between her face and eye pro.

Yea, she flipped out and swept the entire line with her finger all in and over the trigger/guard.

RO was on top of her faster than anything I've seen, but still it could have ended badly. One more reason I prefer out doors, not packed inside like sardines.

Back
Top Bottom