• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anybody get drawn for quota hunts?

And from my experience maybe half will show up. It varies but I have never been on a hunt where every person drawn showed up.
DNR claims the 'no show' percentage is very consistent. I can't remember what it is, perhaps 15%ish? In any case, yeah, some people only hunt the first day of the hunt etc... but on any given it's a guarantee you won't have anywhere near a full boat.

I finally got drawn for Hard Labor Creek state park...I've been waiting 3 years for that one...I also got picked for the first BF Grant hunt...So, November 3-4 I'll be at Hard Labor, and November 5-6 I'll be at BF Grant. It's going to be a fantastic week. Can't wait!

Got picked for Berry 1 & 2 and lost out on Ossabaw.

Our group got picked for Sapelo Island lottery.
Never been there nor has any of our group.
If anyone can give me some pointers on gear and basic necessities please feel free to pm me so as not to clog up this thread.
Thanks.
By the way you will get picked better of you have a youngster in your group as well.

Got drawn for Berry 2nd hunt. This will be my first quota hunt and I live in Calhoun, GA so I figured why not get my feet wet close to home. Looking forward to the possibility of getting Sapelo or Ossabaw Island one year.

Question on the ossabaw hog hunt. Is it pest control or a sporting hunt? Are you allowed to shoot small guys and leave then or are you expected to clean and eat everything you shoot?

I've read some articles that they have so many hogs there's a guy there full time hunting.

Back
Top Bottom