• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anybody get drawn for quota hunts?

Finally selected for my first state park hunt. Wagered 3 points for Hard Labor Creek!

Anyone have experience there and would like to recommend if one area is better than another to hunt?

Thanks

Question on the ossabaw hog hunt. Is it pest control or a sporting hunt? Are you allowed to shoot small guys and leave then or are you expected to clean and eat everything you shoot?

I've read some articles that they have so many hogs there's a guy there full time hunting.

They do have a full time hunter there and he kills a lot of hogs. There are still too many down there regardless. You are doing them a favor by killing the hogs but I would not dare waste any of that meat. Ossabaw hogs are far better tasting than the average feral swine inhabiting the swamps of middle Ga. The little ones are especially tasty. Carry a hi-cap sidearm in case you wander up on a bunch of them.

Piedmont NWR (not a WMA) primitive weapons quota hunt Oct 29, 30 & 31. Got a group of 6 going down on the morning of the 28th to scout and set up camp. PM me if anybody else is going and come by our camp for a cold drink, a hot fire and telling lies.

We're headed to Ossabaw Island for the WMA hog hunt this weekend. Should be an adventure...

Never been hog hunting. Any words of wisdom?

Back
Top Bottom