• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ANYBODY GOT ANY EXPERIENCE SHOOTING A PISTOL

Available at Amazon or Walmart. Problem solved!

Just kidding. Sorry about your finger and hope you can find a way to continue shooting.

Attachments

• 61kry2oQ6PL.jpg
    61kry2oQ6PL.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 1
How did you get cancer in that finger?
cancer was in the nailbed under the fingernail, looked like I had a splinter under the nail, a little black speck. But it wouldn't heal up, and being right hand dominant I was always bumping it digging for keys or change. Had 3 operations, each time removing the fingernail, last time at Emory who got all the tumor out and "cured" me.

cancer was in the nailbed under the fingernail, looked like I had a splinter under the nail, a little black speck. But it wouldn't heal up, and being right hand dominant I was always bumping it digging for keys or change. Had 3 operations, each time removing the fingernail, last time at Emory who got all the tumor out and "cured" me.
The reason I asked is because I dip tobaccy and actually at one time I was afraid that was my problem.. anyways I tried shooting today with bird finger.. it can be done.. but I’m going to have to practice.. btw anyone who has a s&w M&p 40 cal they may wanta trade for something.. I may have a gun you’d be interested in.. those curved triggers seem to fit my nub pretty good.. so it seems so far

The reason I asked is because I dip tobaccy and actually at one time I was afraid that was my problem.. anyways I tried shooting today with bird finger.. it can be done.. but I’m going to have to practice.. btw anyone who has a s&w M&p 40 cal they may wanta trade for something.. I may have a gun you’d be interested in.. those curved triggers seem to fit my nub pretty good.. so it seems so far

Index finger along the slide has to be the PUREST form of point shooting.

Brother it was tricky for sure.. pistol was shooting before I was truly ready.. lol

I mean sure, you've got to re-learn a lifetime's worth of trigger control. Finger position, sensing the reset etc. Even developing all the muscles in the finger.

Here's another set of thoughts that you might want to look at:

Vermont Technique

tl;dr: the writer isn't much of a fan.

Back
Top Bottom