• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anybody Tried Fuyu?

Redneck1919

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
46   0
Reaction score
Persimmons that is.
First crop off our trees ever. Planted two trees a number of years ago. Accidentally cut one with the bush hog and it came back. It is the one that produced this year. Other big one no blooms at all.
Was surprised. They actually taste pretty good. Have thick skin but edible. If let get riper and soft have consistency of plums.
If like the ones cut in pic, more like an apple. They are not like regular butt puckering persimmons.

Fuyu Persimmon Tree.jpg

Fuyu.jpg
FuyuPersimmon.jpg

I have a 3 year old tree with 22 nearly ripe fruit and two more fuyu's planted a couple year back with just 1 fruit between them. Totally different than the American persimmon. These being non astringent.
Going to try and make jam.

Persimmons that is.
First crop off our trees ever. Planted two trees a number of years ago. Accidentally cut one with the bush hog and it came back. It is the one that produced this year. Other big one no blooms at all.
Was surprised. They actually taste pretty good. Have thick skin but edible. If let get riper and soft have consistency of plums.
If like the ones cut in pic, more like an apple. They are not like regular butt puckering persimmons.

View attachment 2862793

View attachment 2862789 View attachment 2862792
Have grown these for a while, trees are probably 10-11 years at this point. Many of my trees have died above the graft and resprouted as American persimmons, which is their root stock. I get a few off my remaining trees every year. Quite tasty, had an abundance one year and pulverized and froze them. Made great bread, similar to apple bread but with persimmon pulp. Non astringent even when not fully ripe.

Back
Top Bottom