• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody had a Goldendoodle?

I have a 2-year-old goldendoodle. He's a good dog. Good with kids. You do have to brush them and cut their hair fairly often. If you're looking for a good, safe family dog, these seem to be pretty easy going.

^^^THIS^^^ They are a bit high maintenance. But most shed very little so its a good trade off.
They are high maintenance! If you don’t stay on top of combing they will get matted up. I’ve also battled ear infections with mine quite often. They seem to have skin and food allergies also.

Cavapoo that’s the best animal we’ve ever had…. He’s 10x smarter than most of the people I deal with every day

Attachments

• IMG_4999.jpeg
    IMG_4999.jpeg
    583.1 KB · Views: 6
Just my opinion, but any dog with a "oodle" in it is OK in my book. Of course each one has it's own personality like any dog, or people for that matter.

Had a miniature Poodle when I was was very young. Loving, like to play, liked mischievousness frequently. Cool in my book.

Not a real little "toy" poodle, however. I found most of those little "toy" Poodles irritating as hell, and mean spirited. I've never owned one for that reason. That doesn't man all of those minitures were, just the ones I encountered. But I suppose it has a lot to do with how they were brought up. Like human kids for that matter.

We have a Sheep-a-doodle now. Personality is very much the same as my experience with a miniature poodle. Wants to play sometimes (and I oblige her), loves to sleep snuggled up between my wife and I, and viciously warns us of the occasional threat she perceives to "our pack".

Her bark is worse than her bite, but at 60+ pounds, I would not want to be bit by her (which as never happened). She will shake, rattle, and roll to bring a threat down, at least to her ability. By that time, I will certainly have a gun drawn and pointed if that situation ever occurs. Bear, human or otherwise. She's a lot faster than I now days in speed of reflexes, and I ain't no slouch, even though I am aging.

I could not think of a better dog than our Sheep-a-doodle. I love her to death!

Back
Top Bottom