• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody had a Goldendoodle?

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
On the hunt for a new family dog after our last one passed. Need one that's good with a mess of kids from 4-16, couple cats. Would go newfie due to the amount of time we spend in/at the water in the summer, but scared it'd heat stroke out in 100 degree weather Been looking at Goldendoodles. Found some for a super reasonable price, Cute as hell, heard they have the disposition of a retriever and intelligence of a poodle. Looking for a 40-150 pound dog that is crazy friendly, highly trainable, loves swimming, and is mid level energy. Want a dog that will always play fetch or go for a swim with us in the lake, but is also content to curl on the couch or air vent and just chill.

We have one about 6 months old and love him. No hair on your clothes or furniture, easy to train, loves to play, barks like crazy when someone approaches the door or driveway...can't say enough good things about little Hank Williams Jr. He's about 50 lbs now - tall and slim.
IMG_3832.jpeg

I have a Bernedoodle, so my opinion may not matter but he’s the smartest/dumbest dog I’ve ever had. He was super easy to train and house break. Loves playing and is a huge lap dog, he weighs 75lbs. We have a boat and ours doesn’t care too much for the water so he’s only been out with us a couple of times. He barks like crazy when someone walks down the sidewalk in the neighborhood or a car pulls up.

My best friend has a female Goldendoodle and she is super sweet, very well trained, and she loves the water.

Bought her from here. Not cheap but would have paid double. My son also has a double doodle, half golden doodle and half labradoodle.

On the hunt for a new family dog after our last one passed. Need one that's good with a mess of kids from 4-16, couple cats. Would go newfie due to the amount of time we spend in/at the water in the summer, but scared it'd heat stroke out in 100 degree weather Been looking at Goldendoodles. Found some for a super reasonable price, Cute as hell, heard they have the disposition of a retriever and intelligence of a poodle. Looking for a 40-150 pound dog that is crazy friendly, highly trainable, loves swimming, and is mid level energy. Want a dog that will always play fetch or go for a swim with us in the lake, but is also content to curl on the couch or air vent and just chill.
i love the one here in VA! she loves people she loves other animals. She’s crazy about the water.

Back
Top Bottom