• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody watch f1?

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Any fans? Watched nascar about twenty years ago. More of a Sunday afternoon nap after church thing than a real deep passion. About 2 years ago I sort of fell into f1 after football and have really come to love it. It scratches the tinkery, technical side of my brain and is fun to watch even if 2022 and 2023 are a forgone conclusion. Anybody else watch it?

Fan here! Can’t stand Red Bull. 12 in a row now. Have you watched the F1 series on Netflix? Friggin awesome!

Watched some of it. If Max could be less of a dick it’d be easier to root for him. Mclaren and Alpine fan. Also love Alonso. Max and the red bull are so far ahead of everyone skill and build wise it’s insane. He’s a generational talent and until he gets bored with winning all the time and retires it’s gonna look a lot like this I fear.

100% agree, we are on the same page! Way better than NASCAR. I stopped watching not long after Dale Sr. passed. Now it’s so pusified it ridiculous.. have to admit though I watched a little of the road race a few weeks back. Wife even loves F1 maybe more than me.

Watched some of it. If Max could be less of a dick it’d be easier to root for him. Mclaren and Alpine fan. Also love Alonso. Max and the red bull are so far ahead of everyone skill and build wise it’s insane. He’s a generational talent and until he gets bored with winning all the time and retires it’s gonna look a lot like this I fear.
F1 goes in generations. Every time they do a major rules change, they throw out the car/engine designs, and the deck gets shuffled. Whoever has an advantage initially tends to stay ahead (usually).
Happens about every 10 years.
Before Red Bull, it was Mercedes and Hamilton. Before that it was Red Bull and Vettel.
I think the current generation has been pretty competitive, until Red Bull (or it may be just Verstappen) pulled ahead. Hopefully, the others can catch up again.

Get ready for the August "forced vacation" - Teams and their workers are not allowed to do any work for the entire month. Otherwise, the workers would never get any vacation time, pressure is just too much for the teams to allow time off.

Started watching F1 myself a few years ago as a casual observer. It's been a good substitute for the NFL on Sundays. Would love to see a race in person eventually.

I started watching in about '92....back when the cars looked better and sounded better.

Don't watch as much now because the series isn't as good in my opinion. Just not as much fun as it used to be back whn you had V8s, V10s and V12s all competing.

I've followed F1 since the days of the only US coverage being Rob Walker's columns in Road & Track, and the Monaco GP highlights on ABC's Wide World of Sports. I certainly appreciate the technology, but part of me wishes they still had 1200 lb. cars, screaming 12 cyl. engines and manual transmissions. Then we would see who can really drive.

I've followed F1 since the days of the only US coverage being Rob Walker's columns in Road & Track, and the Monaco GP highlights on ABC's Wide World of Sports. I certainly appreciate the technology, but part of me wishes they still had 1200 lb. cars, screaming 12 cyl. engines and manual transmissions. Then we would see who can really drive.
I can still pull out those magazines and remember the old days.

Sadly we will probably see an A.I. cyborg sitting in the driver's seat before someone starts a "driver's" category. What we need is a Sterling Moss/Silverstone League (non electric lol).

Back
Top Bottom