• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone been to Chicago lately?

I am going to Chicago next week and am wondering if anyone has tried carrying a CCPed companion with them?
I know they are way over the top with regs and am just curious.
Thanks.

I posted this in handguns, because it is related...I think. :-)
Stay safe in Chiraq brother.

He said I did not have to do this, it was up to me, but that if I did, I would be linked to that serial number once they ran it. I said I was fine with it. He ran it and it came back clean. He told me to separate the gun and mag and lock the gun in the glovebox until I got back to Ga. He released me with no fines of any sort. After a long conversation with them he said that the interstate where we were was one of the hot spots for gun and drug smuggling into Chicago and us riding 4 deep (Me, wife and kids that are grown) in the fast lane and moving over once seeing a cop are always suspect, especially with out of state tags. I still think I used my turn signal, but I'll never know for sure...
LOL, when I lived on Clybourn Ave within a stone's throw of a huge substation and the violent crimes unit, I was unloading my car from a range trip and the bat bag I kept my rifles in was unzipped. A Colt AR15A2 slipped out of its case and slid down the back of the bumper and hit the street just as a patrol car cruised by. The cop in the passenger seat was looking directly at me as I grabbed the rifle and shoved it back into the case quickly. I know for a fact that he saw me. No question about it. My 'pucker factor' was already at 8.75 moving guns in broad daylight (even though in a bat bag) but right before it escalated to 10 to the 3rd power I realized that the cop was YAWNING when he passed by. Yawning. Like he sees that everyday. They never turned around. I still can't believe it.

I was there few weeks ago around wringlyville and we walked all
Over Super Safe never felt like we were In Danger. But.... even the locals said don't go to south Chicago
Stay the hell out of the southside of Chicago. Do not go to Harvey do not go to Park Forest do not go to Markham do not go to Dolton, south Holland. And also stay out of the west side of Chicago that's where all the heroines at. All the murders are on the West in the South Side usually drug and Gang Related. Take a bullet proof vest with you to Chicago.

The Democratic Peoples Republic of Illinois is so strict on Guns I have taken the long way around in my travels.
Illinois's really that bad on the guns of some of y'all think it's the city of Chicago that's the screwed area. In the suburbs around Chicago to Du Page County, plenty of people got a AR-15 S aks. The safest places to live around Chicago are in Kenosha Wisconsin on the border as well as going on to the east side of Chicago in to Indiana Hammond Merrillville Schererville Hobart the East suburbs where I used to it live

Back
Top Bottom