• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone else have a S&W CSX?

No way I’m carrying a round in the chamber in a striker-fired gun without a manual safety. Any more than I would a cocked hammer gun with no safety. (I kinda like having my jewels intact).
I would carry a P30SK decocked with safety on.
My P365 has a manual safety.
To me, It’s a matter of training to engage and release.
But…to each his own.
Many striker fired guns like a Glock especially is an extremely safe gun to carry. The gun is not cocked and is completely safe at rest. The action of pulling the trigger actually “cocks” the firing pin and deactivates the internal safety.

Of course I’m still creepy about carrying a gun appendix style even though I understand how safe my Glock is. I’m sure as heck not putting some aftermarket ultralight short take up trigger on any gun I’m stinking into pants pointing at my most sensitive parts.

I’ve handled and dry-fired two CSX’s now. Both seemed identical, and both were the worst SAO triggers I have ever felt in my life. The reset gives you a very positive “click” right off the bat…….but that ain’t the reset! Keep on going, and you’ll hit a second, faint “tick” that will let you know that it’s reset.

I am putting money on the fact that the same idiot that designed the original M&P trigger designed this one.

So is it the double reset that makes it the 'worst' trigger for you? I don't ride the reset so that double-click isn't an issue for me the way it seems to be to a lot of people.

Other than that my trigger seems pretty good, better than a lot of polymer guns although not as good as a quality 1911.

I guess I need to try some other examples next time I see one in a store. A clean take up with a crisp 4-5-lb break doesn't seem like it would be a 'worst trigger ever', but that's what mine is. Maybe I got the only good one in existence, but that seems unlikely.

Or it could be that QC let a batch of semi-broken guns out the door. If you watch the Hickock videos on the CSX he has an issue where the gun won't fire if he doesn't let that second reset happen before pressing the trigger again... It seems to simply go dead.

I've tried to recreate that with my gun, both in live and dry fire, and never been able to get it to happen. Once I fully release the trigger it always works as intended, which make me think his was actually defective.

Anyway, I'm glad I got one that seems to function correctly, but I am curious on what all the hate is about on this trigger.

Curious on what people who have them think of this little 9mm.

I picked one up about a month or so back, and while I've only gotten it to the range a couple of times, I've been pretty impressed with it. I like the ergonomics and the overall feel and it seems as accurate as any other micro-9 I've tried. Weight is the same as my P365 and capacity is better for the same size.

So far though, every review I've seen of it seems to slam the trigger. Hickock45 went as far as calling it dangerous because he had so many problems shooting it. A couple of other podcasts I listen to haven't gone that far, but complained that it didn't feel like a good trigger. I've heard it called mushy and people seem to hate the reset on it. One reviewer simply said that it was the worst trigger he'd felt in years, but couldn't really explain why.

This really has me confused, because my gun's trigger seems just fine... Better than the trigger in my EDC P365 in fact. I'll be the first to admit that it's not a 'glass rod' 1911 trigger, but it pulls at 4-5 lbs. without any hiccups or roughness.

I guess I'm really just curious whether I got the only CSX ever made that has a decent trigger, or is it simply people expect a 1911 trigger in a gun that looks like a mini 1911?
Sounds like the reactions when Sig when to the 320/365 trigger, which is a re worked version of the 250.
Felt horrible at first and the reviews were the same. But they work well and I’m used to them now. I prefer them really.

Hickock is a straight-shooter, so I don't see him trying to tank the gun, and he was clearly having problems with it, although I've never seen another review that had that same issue. That's why I'm pretty sure his was simply broken.

I can also see why people would not like the double-reset if they ride the reset rather than letting the trigger fully extend to the end of it's travel. I was taught to shoot pistols on a revolver and it was ingrained to always let the trigger go full-forward before trying to press it again. I shoot a lot of different guns, so I never developed that habit, and honestly don't care where a trigger resets.

And I agree on the SIG comment. I carry a 365 every day and shoot it a lot, and my CSX has a better trigger. The P320 trigger never really impressed me either until I got an X5 Legion recently. That one isn't as crisp as the CSX's is, but it shoots beautifully.

I'm really just curious if all the negative comments on the trigger have a lot more to do with the release and reset than they do with the actual trigger press.

So is it the double reset that makes it the 'worst' trigger for you? I don't ride the reset so that double-click isn't an issue for me the way it seems to be to a lot of people.

Other than that my trigger seems pretty good, better than a lot of polymer guns although not as good as a quality 1911.

I guess I need to try some other examples next time I see one in a store. A clean take up with a crisp 4-5-lb break doesn't seem like it would be a 'worst trigger ever', but that's what mine is. Maybe I got the only good one in existence, but that seems unlikely.

Or it could be that QC let a batch of semi-broken guns out the door. If you watch the Hickock videos on the CSX he has an issue where the gun won't fire if he doesn't let that second reset happen before pressing the trigger again... It seems to simply go dead.

I've tried to recreate that with my gun, both in live and dry fire, and never been able to get it to happen. Once I fully release the trigger it always works as intended, which make me think his was actually defective.

Anyway, I'm glad I got one that seems to function correctly, but I am curious on what all the hate is about on this trigger.

The reset is part of it. Even if I liked the reset, the pull itself is heavy and crunchy. The CZ52 I used to have had a better trigger pull.

I've owned so many 1911's, and worked on/built a lot more, that I know what I think a good SAO trigger should be. The CSX ain't even close in my book.

However, I don't own one. If you have one, and you like the trigger, then that's all that really matters.

My "announcement" was more for folks that might be thinking of ordering one online, and not going in the store where they can handle it. Before anyone buys one, I recommend you get your hands on one or more and see what you think.

The CSX feels really good in my hand. Feels comfortable, the weight is nice for the size, points naturally for me, and the ambi thumb safety felt solid and positive.

Many of these you tube reviewers are really just paid advertisers for certain products. Maybe one of the other manufacturers are paying for bad reviews?

This is why I don't watch ANYONE'S YouTube, personal opinion, firearm "tests". Best case scenario is that they are testing a sample of one. That tells me virtually nothing that I couldn't already figure out by going to the manufacturer's website and looking up the specs. If it works or doesn't work, it tells me absolutely nothing about how that model performs across the product line. Doesn't mean that the one that I buy will work as good or as bad as the one the YouTuber played with.

I've got better things to do with my time, like reload ammo, dry fire, or go to the range and actually shoot guns.

Hickock is a straight-shooter, so I don't see him trying to tank the gun, and he was clearly having problems with it, although I've never seen another review that had that same issue. That's why I'm pretty sure his was simply broken.
1648843007649.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom