• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else have a S&W CSX?

The reset is part of it. Even if I liked the reset, the pull itself is heavy and crunchy. The CZ52 I used to have had a better trigger pull.

I've owned so many 1911's, and worked on/built a lot more, that I know what I think a good SAO trigger should be. The CSX ain't even close in my book.

However, I don't own one. If you have one, and you like the trigger, then that's all that really matters.

My "announcement" was more for folks that might be thinking of ordering one online, and not going in the store where they can handle it. Before anyone buys one, I recommend you get your hands on one or more and see what you think.

The CSX feels really good in my hand. Feels comfortable, the weight is nice for the size, points naturally for me, and the ambi thumb safety felt solid and positive.

Yeah, I'm fine with the trigger in mine. Like I say, it's smooth and crisp with a nice wall at ~5lbs. Nowhere near what my 52 is like...

I was mainly curious if there really was that much variation in the triggers. Sounds like there is.

I do like mine. My trigger is no where near as terrible as some of you all make it out to be. Yes, there is a very slight feel of the false reset and you would have to be in a very quiet environment to hear it. The feel of the "False Reset" comes within 2mm and, again mind you, it is a very slight feel. I do not believe there is a factory reset, that resets, that soon so I don’t see how it anyone could confuse that for a reset. Maybe I have one of the better trigger in the one I own…which is a good thing.

4ADE8EED-C8C0-41D0-B04E-99AAF175FD8C.jpeg
9AC5E3E2-C3E0-43A9-91E7-CDB51F75C029.jpeg

Yeah, I really think some of the early ones got out with literally broken triggers.

I just handled another one at the store and it's trigger was the same as mine. An easy take up with a nice firm wall then a reasonably sharp break. Felt about the same weight but that's just a guess.

My biggest disappointment so far is that I can't seem to find any sight options for it.

I thought it might use the Shield pattern, but after a quick measurement that's not the case for front or rear.

I ran across a post on the S&W forums that supposedly an M&P front sight will work but I can't find confirmation anywhere that it actually does. Smith has stated that the rear sight is totally unique to the CSX though.

I may try an M&P tritium front sight and see if that works though, since that's the one I care about the most.

Picked up a Trijicon front sight for an M&P, and it was an easy swap.

I had more trouble taking the dang gun down than I did drifting out the old sight and getting the new one installed.

You probably won't find a back sight that will fit.

The standard 9mm M&P front sight fits really well though. I'm glad they at least did that one sensibly.

The Dawson installed easily and now the gun shoots to point of aim again...

I ended up going with these:

Dawson Precision S&W M&P and M&P Core Tritium Front Sights
021-038
Choose Sight HeightChoose Sight Height & Width Below & Notch Width Below: .180" Tall x .125" Wide Ramped Non-Serrated White Outline
$49.00 USD

Curious on what people who have them think of this little 9mm.

I picked one up about a month or so back, and while I've only gotten it to the range a couple of times, I've been pretty impressed with it. I like the ergonomics and the overall feel and it seems as accurate as any other micro-9 I've tried. Weight is the same as my P365 and capacity is better for the same size.

So far though, every review I've seen of it seems to slam the trigger. Hickock45 went as far as calling it dangerous because he had so many problems shooting it. A couple of other podcasts I listen to haven't gone that far, but complained that it didn't feel like a good trigger. I've heard it called mushy and people seem to hate the reset on it. One reviewer simply said that it was the worst trigger he'd felt in years, but couldn't really explain why.

This really has me confused, because my gun's trigger seems just fine... Better than the trigger in my EDC P365 in fact. I'll be the first to admit that it's not a 'glass rod' 1911 trigger, but it pulls at 4-5 lbs. without any hiccups or roughness.

I guess I'm really just curious whether I got the only CSX ever made that has a decent trigger, or is it simply people expect a 1911 trigger in a gun that looks like a mini 1911?
Later on Hickok 45 mentioned that he had a bad mag.

Back
Top Bottom